Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown party badge? issue case

Hi guys,

This case is for sure period by the materials and I am positive I have seen it before but unable to locate it. It has been retro fitted to take a large gold party badge by the look s of it. Does anyone know the purpose of this case please?

many thanks for any help you can offer

Patrick
    Attached Files

Certainly looks like the case has had a party badge in it from the impressions in the bottom and top of the case.

Is it 'ball point pen' writing on the base of the case Patrick? Looks like a € symbol before the "322".

The gold edging around the top of the case is similar to that found on the DKG, DKS cases.

I can't recall seeing an identical case, yet, but I like it.

Allan
    Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
    Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

I thing the marks on the bottom are just meaningless scribbles. But, I also like the case.

Tom

Comment

Thanks both, it certainly interesting- the base insert is covered in the same material found in EK1 cases and the recess is 31mm across at the bottom with slightly tapered sides to around 33mm. With the large GBP measuring 30.5mm wide, this is a spot on fit with a little room to ease the badge out. The marks on the bottom do look like a kid got hold of it and practiced their numbers! Looking closely they are fountain pen not ballpoint.

Comment

This is a case from the 30s, with the typical pattern from that time. It was used for medals and plaques. Someone altered it a bit to fit a party badge. I have seen similar Cases altered like this....
          WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
            This is a case from the 30s, with the typical pattern from that time. It was used for medals and plaques. Someone altered it a bit to fit a party badge. I have seen similar Cases altered like this....
            I tend to agree, the recess does look to be a bit amateurish.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X