oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you collect cased and packeted awards ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you collect cased and packeted awards ?

What is it that made you decide to collect boxed or packeted item's or a preferance when available ?

For me it's an entirety of the award itself, without the box or packet it just seem's incomplete where applicable. In the odd instance, I have several awards without the packets or boxes, condition and rareity was a preciding factor over the award.

I found them varying as the awards, and a study of them was an unaccomplished relevant part of the German award system, to a degree samples of the packets and boxes have been presented in works but the more I collected the more variants I found.....so down this path I endeavoured. There are times I regret this I can tell you.

What prompted you you to collect the packageing, and why the compulsion to do so ?

Kr

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Originally posted by Marcus Hatton
    For me it's an entirety of the award itself, without the box or packet it just seem's incomplete where applicable.
    I feel the same. When I started to collect German Medals I told myself only to buy medals with case or packet. Why? Because if I only buy the cross I would go looking for the right case and probably will only find a case that has an award already. So in the end I would sell the single cross again.

Because of this 'young' cases and packets forum I am now more interested in the case or packet than the actual cross itself. The case does not come with the cross; the cross comes with the case .

Greetings, Thomas

Comment

First of all it is because of the nice set you have like you said.
      Second, because they are IMO one of the things that you really can collect, you can't just say: "I have 100 euro, give me this package", no, you have to search yourself for them, and be a very lucky man when you found a nice and genuie one.
      Packages don't cost that much, but you don't find rare ones twice a year. Knight crosses are 7000 euro and you see two a week for sale
      Kind regards,
      Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Why?

Because they display so nicely!
        Attached Files
        George

Comment

Display nicely?

Yes they do!
          Attached Files
          George

Comment

Wow George, very impressive Very nice display vitrine alsow
            Well, I have only 4 of the black cases, but here they are
            Attached Files
            Kind regards,
            Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Attached Files
              Kind regards,
              Giel

Comment

Guy's you hit the nail on the head !!!!!

George is that my Ldo boxed Austrian Flower medal I see ....if only !!!!!

Beautiful pictures guy's, and Thomas your banned from showing pic's because you have the lovely 1940 outer carton (I'm joking my good friend....you know that

Comment

Good question Marcus, well like the picture of giel pointed out you can pile them up

Cases looks great that way.
                  Attached Files

Comment

boxes also
                    Attached Files

Comment

Boxes to indeed A nice compliment you have there Rene !!!!

We met a while ago on another forum, you collecting boxes and I too.

What was the decision factor though that started you off on the cases, box and packet quest Rene as a fellow fanatic on these things. What was the crux in collecting that made you decide boxes and packets are my goal in collecting ?

Comment

My first reason was to make a simpel medal more special first only cases and packages later also the cardboard boxes.
                        I love the looks of them when they are in their original case/box/packet, so the display reason is also important to me.
                        And finally when the virus takes you you want it all and you think i must have them ALL and then you know you are an addict (surfing the net and attend fairs for the nicest items) This addiction is not so bad when you have a supporting wife

The last reason is to met other guys (like you Marcus) who have the same addiction.

Comment

STOP IT!!!!!!!

You're driving me mad!!!!

Allan
                          Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
                          Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Come on Allan why do you have this compulsive disorder then ?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Hatton
                              Beautiful pictures guy's, and Thomas your banned from showing pic's because you have the lovely 1940 outer carton (I'm joking my good friend....you know that
                              Marcus even if I want I can't place pictures of it anymore because I don't have it anymore. Someone made me an offer that I couldn't refuse.

I believe his name was Microsoft Paint

Thomas
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Thomas H; 06-24-2005, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X