Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 LDO case

Hello,
    Got this one years ago. It came with a round 3 that i just posted in the crosses forum, so I know that would not be the original cross that should have been with the case. But is the case original?
    Thank you,
    Dale
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Stepdale View Post
    Hello,
    Got this one years ago. It came with a round 3 that i just posted in the crosses forum, so I know that would not be the original cross that should have been with the case. But is the case original?
    Thank you,
    Dale
    Case good and more likely for war merit cross.

Comment

What's the white cracked substance in the last picture? Looks like animal glue has dried over it?

Allan
      Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
      Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

It's animal glue with some pieces of paper from the cardboard in the base stuck to it.
        Dale

Comment

Definitely an E.K.2 case. Have one like it. Rather scarce, if not rare.
          Tom

Comment

Thanks for the comments. It's really difficult to find much info on these and opinions seem divided on which are for EKs and which for KVKs. I have a couple of others I'll try to post later.
            Dale

Comment

Just wanted to being this up for Allan to take a look when he gets a chance and give his opinion - KVK or EK?
              Dale

Comment

Hi Dale,

The case is good in my opinion.

I have seen both EK11 and KVK in this type of brown LDO case, but far more KVK than EK11.

I personally think this type of case is for the KVK, it just seems more suited for a KVK than an EK11 I think.

Allan

Comment

Thanks, Allan. Last question, have most of the KVKs you've seen in these cases been LDO marked or not?
                  Dale

Comment

Dale,

To further add to Allan's comments, the boxes are hard to come by and when located, most are found with WMCs in them. Over the years some EK2s have been found in these brown boxes and have been sold as rare boxes for the EK2. SO whether or not these are original pairings or somethign done later is not known. The boxes do seem to accommodate both, in terms of size/fit.

The ones marked with LDO on the outside are rarer than the unmarked versions. Some are marked with LDO in the box on the upper inside lid. Base color can vary as well.

Gary B
                    ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Originally posted by Gary B View Post
                      Dale,

To further add to Allan's comments, the boxes are hard to come by and when located, most are found with WMCs in them. Over the years some EK2s have been found in these brown boxes and have been sold as rare boxes for the EK2. SO whether or not these are original pairings or somethign done later is not known. The boxes do seem to accommodate both, in terms of size/fit.

The ones marked with LDO on the outside are rarer than the unmarked versions. Some are marked with LDO in the box on the upper inside lid. Base color can vary as well.

Gary B
                      Dale, sorry for the delay in replying.

I agree with what Gary has said regarding the LDO box.

As regards LDO stamped KVK I would say the majority were not LDO stamped just manufacture stamped.

Allan

Comment

Hi guys,

first time for me that I see an EK2 inside such a case. I'm convinced, that this type of case was used just for KVKs 2. class and that this set was put together later.
                        Also if you have a look in the LDO regulations for cases it was clearly written, that these cases are for KVKs 2. class.

https://www.phalerika.de/ldo-verpackungen
                        In the report about the "Ab 1. März einheitliche Ordenverpackungen" you can see at 3. Halbetui II braun that they have to be used for KVKs 2. class.

BR
                        Sven
                        btw: very nice case! You don't see this first form not very often

Comment

Sven,
                          Once again thank you for this information. I have no problem accepting that these don't belong together as both are very nice originals that I got years ago in a trade. Though I didn't know it at the time, I think I came out slightly ahead of the other gentleman who got a well used camo coat for it. And thank you for the link as it looks like I may be spending some time there reading when I get a chance as it has a lot of interesting looking articles.
                          Dale

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X