Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case Verwundetenabzeichen schwarz L/53 , Hymmen & Co Lüdenscheid

Hello everyone.
    Came across this verwundetenabzeichen case (atributed by seller), haven't seen one marked L/53 , Hymmen & Co Lüdenscheid like this before, have seen some marked on the bottom of the case... It has a strange marking 42 on the inner side of the case also!?
    Hmm..Maybe it is for EK2 clasp instead??
    Would like to hear Your helpful opnions regarding this case.
    Best regards,
    Peter
    Attached Files

A nice early case.

Would a wound badge fit in it?

Allan
    Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
    Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Originally posted by Allan P. View Post
      A nice early case.

Would a wound badge fit in it?

Allan
      Hi Allan.
      Thanks for Your reply.
      I am not owner of this case, so hard to say, but probably Yes.
      How do You think what is that marking 42 for? Year-1942?
      Thinking to pick this case up, just want to be sure is everything allright here. I am concerned a bit, because that seller has some fake items listed as originals as well.
      Will ask for measurments of this case.
      Regards,
      Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

Yes I think '42' is for 1942.

Allan

Comment

I have a black wound badge in a case like this. No markings if I remember rightly.
          I’ll hunt it out and get some piccys if you like. I have no idea if mine originally came with wound badge in mind.

Comment

Box is fine, but it was used for many different medals, as well as the wound badge. I have seen West Wall medals, Sudetenland medals, and basically anything that will fit in them. Just a generic box.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tgn View Post
              Box is fine, but it was used for many different medals, as well as the wound badge. I have seen West Wall medals, Sudetenland medals, and basically anything that will fit in them. Just a generic box.

Tom

Allan

Comment

Originally posted by leigh View Post
                I have a black wound badge in a case like this. No markings if I remember rightly.
                I’ll hunt it out and get some piccys if you like. I have no idea if mine originally came with wound badge in mind.
                Hello and thanks.
                I do have such a LDO box also. But those markings are making me think that they were added by someone at some point later. I have seen L/53 marking on the buttom of these boxes and it says "Verwundetenabzeichen Original Schwarz 1939 L/53", but not one like this before...
                Regards,
                Peter

Comment

Originally posted by tgn View Post

Tom
                  Hello Tom and thanks for opinion.
                  I will disagree with You. Sudetenland had it's own specific box and envelope. West Wall in these cases? Is there some real proof for this? Someone probably just put them together and sold as a set. West Wall came in envelopes, there is proof for that.
                  I have seen EK2 clasps and VWA in these case.
                  But again that's only my opinion, not saying it is legit.
                  Regards,
                  Peter

Comment

Originally posted by FrikorpsDanmark View Post
                    Hello Tom and thanks for opinion.
                    I will disagree with You. Sudetenland had it's own specific box and envelope. West Wall in these cases? Is there some real proof for this? Someone probably just put them together and sold as a set. West Wall came in envelopes, there is proof for that.
                    I have seen EK2 clasps and VWA in these case.
                    But again that's only my opinion, not saying it is legit.
                    Regards,
                    Peter
                    Could not disagree with you more.. This is jus a generic box used for whatever would fit in it. Personally, 3 do not like E.K.2 clasps in these, but that is just my aesthetic preference.

Tom

Comment

Gorgeous original box and very rare with that Hymmen stamp inside.

Comment

Hello,
                        the box is an original box normaly used for the WB. No doubt about the stamp inside, this stamp is the common Hymmen L/53 stamp you can find in many Hymmen boxes and cases!
                        the "42" stands for 1942, the stamp shows month/year like "12/42" possible unvisibel at this box.
                        Not realy early therefore, there are Hymmen LDO boxes with first type LDO logo at the top an stamped L/53 at the back out there…
                        Most likely the dark backside paper let the Hymmen guys stamped the box inside, the ink can not be seen at the dark backside paper.
                        KR René

Comment

Hello and thanks Jelle and Rene.
                          I gladly picked up this box on the auction yesterday.
                          Best regards,
                          Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X