Volunteer Shield Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volunteer Shield Opinions

Hi All, I have been offered some Volunteer arm shields, German WW2 is not my specialty so normally i would not even consider it but it may help with another transaction if i do take them.... it is a terrible picture but is it possible to point out if they are all terrible fakes ? I have tried to hunt around online but i have not found anything that makes it clear for me.

any help much appreciated ....many thanks in advance
    Tim
    Attached Files

Very difficult to tell for sure from blurry front only pictures, but I think the printed Georgia and the printed Turkistan are fine as well as the BeVo POA. These are by far the least valuable, of course. The rest look to be trash.

Hope this helps.

Alen Davidson

Comment

The Turkistani bevo looks like a repro base on the dark olive background color. Also the Danmark and Flemish are questionable need better large images?

Rene Chavez
      www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

thanks Guys !! based on the chance that a couple of them may be ok ill take the punt and buy them. once I have them here ill take some good pictures and repost. Appreciate the help guys.

Comment

The POA is the only bevo that is good.

Comment

Team thanks for your feedback on these ... I ended up getting them and they arrived today. Bloke had used blue-tac on them to hold them on a board  which will take some removing without doing further damage???? but he also threw in a couple of miniatures and an India medal so all in all it was a cheap pick up
            I’ve taken some (marginally) better pictures both front and back So hopefully someone will be able to confirm the trash for me ????
            ​​​​​​​thanks again guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I stand by my earlier comments. I also suspect the Azad Hind is a cast fake, but I'm a little out of my comfort zone there.

Alen

Comment

I like the printed ones and the Danmark variant shield the other ones are not good maybe better pictures of the flemish one would help to get a better idea but to be honest it does not look good either

Comment

POA bevo and the printed badges are ok . The rest is repro .
                    Nick

Comment

Hi,

Flandern NSKK is fake, here is an original, pictures courtesy of HH 69, lot 10102.
                      The Wallonien NSKK fake is far more dangerous than the Flandern model, it is easy to spot.

Tim, can you provide a good picture of the back of the Flandern NSKK fake shield ?
                      This is for reference.

See You

Vince
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

and here is what an original Turkistan shield looks like, pictures already posted before, courtesy of eMedals.

See You

Vince
                        Attached Files

Comment

Folks I really appreciate your help here.
                          So, flandern,Turkistan, Slowakei, and Russians are all trash if I have the above correct.
                          heres a pic of the back of Flandern (not sure how I missed that in the first place)
                          Attached Files

Comment

correct !
                            nick

Comment

Hi,

like Nick said, "POA", "Georgien" (printed) and "Turkistan" (printed) - the first 3 items of your post #6 - are originals.

The others are repros/fakes.

The "Danemark" may be a post-war army shield, at least i do not see it to be anything legit from WW2 (at least for the volunteers in the German army/SS).

Here is below an original "Slovakei" shield, pictures courtesy of The Collector's Guild.

See You

Vince
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X