Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

searching for WWI and WWI Iron crosses

Hi there,

I'm looking for WWI and WWII Iron Crosses, 1st class, and with swastika.

I'm also looking for WWII IC 2nd class.

Where's the best place to look for them, apart ebay ? Any reputable dealer ?

I'm a newbie collecter, I just love iron crosses... what are the checkup list when inspecting a iron cross for avoiding pitfalls and detecting reproductions ?

Hi, Welcome to the forum. You seem to be rather new to Iron Cross collecting and I would suggest educating yourself first. The book I would recommend on the Iron Cross is "The Iron Times" by Stephen Previtera. It can be purchased online. Sent me a email and I will give you the address. As far a dealer I have purchased a large part of my collection from Detlev Niemann in Germany. He medals and service are the best available. You can hit is website through this site. Good luck.
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

Try Jamie Cross,and a good cheap starter book is Combat Medals of the third reich by Christopher Ailsby
      Yes,I collect wound badges.....And looking for more.
      Resistance is Futile

Comment

This website has about the best online resource for the Iron Cross (it's on the main page). Also Gordon Williamson's website is informative.

I do suggest research before purchasing. The fakes are getting better, and one must really know what to look for!

Comment

Thank you all,

As with other hobbies I have, with this one , the first thing I'm doing is educating my self

I ordered 3 books ( Iron Times, German Military Collectibles Price Guide and Collector's Guide to Third Reich Militaria: Detecting the Fakes ) and I'm reading this site, which I must say, it's excellent.

I thank you all in the guidelines you provided

Regards,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X