Pictures of display box...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures of display box...

Every once in a while someone wants to know how to display their collection. This was my solution for my very small collection. I built this a couple of years ago. It is loosely based on the Woodsmith toolbox project, but has been modified to more closely resemble an ammunition crate. The drawer holds ribbons and cloth in one section that is cedar lined. The other compartments hold items that I dont want to get rid of yet, but dont want to display (shown mostly empty here).

SEE PICTURES BELOW.....

[ 08 January 2002: Message edited by: dm5000 ]

hi dm5000
    your pic's doesn't show up
    but when i copyd and paste them it works

great looking collection and display,thanks for sharing

glenn

[ 08 January 2002: Message edited by: cicero ]

Comment

Thanks for your help Glenn. I have a hellofva time getting pictures to post. Does anybody know what I am doing wrong? When I posted these pics here originally, I could see them...
      Thanks,
      Dave

Comment

dm5000
        here are your pic's
        once again,great collection

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0OQAAAPIUy2Dt0VGpN5pwaX6Hgou8kyb2!UL!vl0PJSWULJkUU gCPXKCSZJTF6OdJQLb0cv7ZFJvq2KDij0*EpSy0Ny!8*jKw/boxopen.jpg[/img]

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0PgBERR0WaKrNAMcpzbzXcUr1iUDY1!Aqtj!RV8ZOJfF5kmHZ6 qQ9yU6vMh*WUn2nV!PnxKJhgRYeixrf*DBg6yXl4PG4okCR/Medals-box.jpg[/img]

Comment

Dm,
          Nice medals. Only problem I can see is that you'll need more space soon. But then again that's not a bad thing

Comment

Yeah. I will be running out of room fairly soon. I resorted to removing unsewn ribbons (like off the EK2, etc.) and storing them below to make more space. There are some items that can come out, the belt buckles, cloth insignia and the WWI stuff. Perhaps someday it will be filled with nothing but EKs or Kriegsabzeichen? Yeah, right.. like my wife would allow that. Actually, she was my inspiration to build the box. Coming home from an estate auction, she said, "You paid $120 for this stuff and now you are going to stick it away in a box?" I showed her, muhahahaha.. I think she is sorry she mentioned it. BTW the $120 got the Narvik shield, the Krim Shield (no cloth), an EK2 (not shown) and a RAD 4 year medal (not shown). About 2/3rds of these have come from estate auctions in my area, and the other 1/3 from Detlev and various collectors. Thanks for the comments... Dave

Comment

Nice Job !!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X