I'm offered a Blood Order to buy - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm offered a Blood Order to buy - please help

I'm being offered a second pattern Blood Order. This person is selling his collection and has had this award for over 30 years. If this is a reproduction, it must be a really early reproduction. Does anyone have good photos and EXACT measurements, wight, distictive features, defects, etc., of real second pattern Blood Orders. Also, does anyone have info on the early quality fakes of this medal? I will post pictures of this award on Sunday.

Hi

This may not be of direct help (I know nothing about the finer points of these awards) but Pauls2000 is offering an interesting Blood Order and doc set ... shows some good pics.

Regards
    Paul
    http://www.relicsofthereich.com/medals.htm

Comment

That ia the finest Blood Order grouping I have ever seen; real museum quality and a fantastic piece of history. Almost worth a second mortgage on the house, but I am afraid the Warden would notice the additional monthly check to the bank.
      OMSA #6582

At my age, "getting lucky" is finding my car in the parking lot.

Comment

Ketterhund, I don't think it's the "early fakes" you need to be concerned about. They were rather crude by comparrison to the originals, with very obvious design defects. It is the more recent generationof copies that I think you would have to worry about.
        I have the information on dimensions and weight based upon originals in my collection, and I can provide them here. However, a couple of good photos would perhaps be of more use, for the forum members to coment upon.
        As to the Blood Order group that Paul Jarvis has displayed, although of course I haven't had the oportunity to examine it beyond the photos, I agree with Ken that it does appear to be a superb group, with about everything you could want in a second-style Blood Order grouping. Personally, I happen to prefer the first style, simply because of the history attached to them, since these were the examples awarded to the actual Putsch participants. But if I were only going to own one second style award, it loks like the group that Paul has is one that could not be improved upon.

Comment

Bill,

Thank you for the information. I will scan the Blood Order this weekend and post it on the forum.

Yuri

Comment

Souval made copies of 2nd pattern Blood Orders back in the 1950s and 1960s. Collectors have been fooled by them but when compared to a genuine example, the differences are obvious. Souval did not make Blood Orders during the Nazi period. One of the first things to look at to see if it's a Souval is the 'M' of München. A real one shouldn't have serifs on the top angles whereas the Souval BO errs in this respect.

Hope this helps,

Prosper Keating

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X