F&R U-Boat badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F&R U-Boat badge

What makes the F&R U-Boat badge on Detlev's latest update original? I thought it was believed that if F&R did produce this badge it was in zinc with a horizontal pin? I am not casting aspersions - it's just that this example looks the same as mine, which I'd written off as a fake. If it's not, I'd like to know.

Good question and I'm ready to hear the debate!!! I'm sure Detlev has some valid comments. Maybe we can put this Frank and Reif question to bed, finally. BTW, I can't get the photo on Detlev's site to open.

Comment

This is the badge I'd written off.

It came with the LDO box, which is OK in my opinion and couldn't fit anything other than a U-Boat badge with a vertical pin (the pin recess is too short for a normal badge or EKI. I tried an EKI Spange and that didn't fit either, although a different pin assembly might). The box is blank on the outside.

I understood that:

a) Frank und Reif didn't make U-Boat badges, except perhaps zinc ones on horizontal pins.

b) Frank and Reif only used a raised marking (the mark on my badge is stamped in, as is Detlev's as far as I can make out).

I'm off for the Xmas hols now. Hope everyone has an A1 festive season, see you in January 2002.

James

Comment

THIS IS A TOTAL SHOCK! FOR THE LAST YEAR ALL WE HAVE SEEN OR HEARD IS THE F&R DID NOT MAKE SUB BADGES. I HAVE SEEN MANY OF THIS BADGES IN DEALER CASES. ARE WE NOW TO BELIEVE F&R SUB BADGES ARE REAL! THIS IS TOTALLY CONFUSING.

Comment

James,
          Can you post a close-up of the eagle? From a distance, your badge looks a lot like a Schwerin die. Sure hope we can clarify this issue.

Comment

Hello.
            Sorry for this confusion,a simple human error.Is a copy.My mistake
            have a nice christmas
            regards
            detlev

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X