Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAH engraved Silverware

Hello!

Can anybody tell me something about the sign below the LAH emblem? Has anyone ever seen this?

THANKS for help!
    KAI

I am always sceptical of engraved silver stuff.
    Look at all the crap in the Berliner Auktionshaus catalogs, tons of engraved stuff.
    I have seen (over the years, in many an auction catalog, from many an auction house, and at many a show) LAH engraved silver in every shape, size and form (did these guys ever have time to fight ? they must have been stuffing their faces morning noon and night to use all this silver).
    Any silver made in that era, taken to any engraver worth his salt, can be worth 20 times the regular price after a few minutes of scratching.

There may be a sucker born every minute, but this sucker would spend his money on something else.

Comment

these 2 items also coming from the same houshold-estate.

Comment

Why would the engraver use 2 completely different styles to engrave the piece ?
        On such a used piece it is very easy to see if the wear on the piece came before or after the engraving, you just need a strong glass.
        Even if the engraving is anywhere near period, I dont think it ever graced the table of any LAH unit.
        Maybe privately engraved by a member and used at home when his HIAG buddies came around ?

Sorry dc, my money would stay in my pocket on this one.

Comment

You think too negative. It is no question for me that this is original. IT IS a pre 1945 engraving. I just have to know something about the unknown symbol.

Comment

I am interested in how you can confirm that it is pre 45 engraving ?
            Do you think it is from the LAH itself, or is it supposed to be a privately engraved piece ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X