E-boat war batch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-boat war batch

This is an Eboat war badge from Rudol Souval Vienna. This badges were made in the 70 by using the original tools. I bouhgt it some time ago as a fake for only a few dollars.
    Lots of sellers sell this fake as on original Souval Eboat badge.

If somebody has a picture from a faked ww2 badge please send me an email , because i want to create my homepage with a fake section.
    Christian

If it was made using original tools, how do you know it's a fake?
    George
    George

Comment

Christian might mean the original dies? I believe it's the shape of the letters on the maker's mark (i.e. rounded versus angular)that generally identifies the post-war Souval badges from the originals...though I imagine there are other differences as well.

Let's hear what the real experienced collectors have to say on the topic as my knowledge is admitedly limited in this area.

Adam

Comment

Souval used BOTH the angular and round form of RS on their wartime badges. The theory of angular letters being used on wartime pieces and round letters on postwar as espoused by Angolia in "Führer and Fatherland" is totally wrong.

Postwar Souval production pieces used a very distinctive type of retaining catch, made from a flat disc of metal with one section bent up and over to form a hook. The E-Boat badge shown in fact has the correct wartime fittings, so I am intrigued to know what evidence there is for it being postwar.

Here is a postwar Souval piece, note the retaining clip.

Gordon

Comment

George,
          I know that this badge is a fake for sure because the person who sold it bought it in the 70 ies as a fake. I posted this Souval fake because i noticed that this fake is offered as an original very often in auctions.

Christian

P.S. If someone has also pictures of sure fakes please send me an email. Of course i will send you a picture back.

Comment

Gordon,
            some time ago i noticed an auction with a Souval badge which looks exactly like the one i posted. The winner pays approx. 300 $ !!!!. Some days later i got in contact with another collector who sold this fake for approx. 40 $ and told me he got this badge from Souval directly in the 70 ies.
            The picture is not very good. Under the RS Logo you can read the markers mark L/58
            Christian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X