Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Observer's badge

Hello all,
    Could I get some opinions on this badge please. I was offered this piece for $200.00.
    I appreciate your help.

Bosco

Bosco,

Your pictures aren't coming through.

Tony
    Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Sorry, but I had to say it... I particularly like the pink background ;-) Was the picture taken in your bathroom ? Sorry again Bosco, but I found it to amusing.

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Hi Bosco,
        I have to aggree with Lorenzo, there is something fishy about this badge, but I can't put my finger on it. It might be the material of the eagle and the swas that appear to be under the paint. Also the back of this eagle makes me feel uncomfortable. Sorry that I can't give some concreet feedback, but maybe someone else can.

Comment

Gimme' a break guys, the pictures were supplied by the seller. I have to admit though, the pink background made me laugh too.

Bosco

Comment

In my opinion, it is a reproduction.
            François
            PS: know what you buy, hook is wrong, I don't like the rivets, the finish is poor.... better pictures will probably show more mistakes.

[ 05 December 2001: Message edited by: François SAEZ ]
            Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

I would also agree that it's bad, for the reasons already given.

Rich
              Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
              Decorations of Germany

Comment

Francois,
                I didn't buy the piece. It was offered and I thought I'd post the pictures here for opinions before I bought it. My gut feeling was that the hook was wrong but I could be mistaken. The seller swears up and down that the piece is good, but we all know what that's worth.

Bosco

Comment

Hi Bosco,

Looking at the obverse of the wreath, it seems to have a gold colour to it. This may be just the scans but I have an old sandcast repro of a B&NL PO badge (marked CEJ though!) in a similar dirty gold coloured base metal. Further, the wreath on your badge looks like it's from a B&NL badge. The hinge and pin are nice however the rivets and catch are incorrect for both B&NL and Assmann. I too believe it is probably a reproduction.

Regards
                  Mike K
                  Regards
                  Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X