Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cholm Shield

Dear all,
    I am considering purchasing a CS it has four pins and will therefore be a second issue.Will the second issue generally have a two thirds "M" with one arm of the M thinner,
    equally should its backing be shield shaped or oval?
    Thanks Harry

Second type Cholm Shields will be in Zinc as opposed to steel, thats the only difference. Both Zinc and steel types can be found with both types of letter M. Every example of both types I have ever seen has had three pins, two up one down. Never seen a real one with four pins though I have seen them with two.

Gordon

Comment

Hello Harry,

I have a CS with 4 prongs in my collection , it is the zinc second type with the shield shaped cloth , what,s interesting is that the black paper backing has 3 holes punched out in it for the 3 prong type . I had Jamie Cross look it over and he was happy with it , if you require pictures please Email.

Comment

Harry,

Are you considering in buying the Cholm Shield offered by Herrn Winkler?

To me it looks legitimate, especially the details on the eagle and the writing. What do you think Gordon?

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Dear all'
          Very interesting, nearly as clear as the CCC!
          I have spoke to the dealer Malcolm Gordon who
          has informed me the following:
          Field grey backing-with paper.
          2/3 v on M
          Four pins
          marked 17 -no known dealer
          Gordons medals limited- off Bond St .london

Please reply I need enlightenment! PRICE RANGE £450 00 -ANYONE WITH A THREE PRONG, I AM MORE THAN INTERESTED.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X