Medal Bar WWII, big one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal Bar WWII, big one...

I just would like to show you a really big medal bar. There are only medals awarded during WWII and in my opinion it's quite rare to see a such large medal bar without any WWI medals.

The medals are:

Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse
    Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern
    Winterschlacht im Osten
    RK mit Krone Orden Michael der Tapfere (Rumänien)
    Freiheitskreuz 4. Klasse mit Schw. (Finnland)
    Med. Kreuzzug gegen den Kommunismus (Rumänien)
    DA-Wehrmacht 4 Jahre
    Med. Anschluss Oesterreich
    Med. Anschluss Sudentenland + Pragerburg-Spange
    Westwall-Ehrenzeichen (Med.)
    Zivilverdienstorden, RK mit Rosette (Bulgarien)

I picked up this beauty about 8-10 years ago at a Militaria show in Milano (Italy).

I am bit concerned about the disposition of certain medals. I do not know why not all the foreign medals are not placed at the end of the bar. Secondly there are medals for military bravery and for civil merit. Who was this guy? Certainly this officer saw quite a lot of action or at least he travelled a lot. I am just curious of knowing if anybody out there could perhaps tell me more about this bar, especially if it is an original one (I believe so... but you never know!).

Ciao,

Claudio

Claudio,
    I like your medal bar! Everything looks good to me but I am not the one to give the final approval on anything. Perhaps the medals are mounted in the order they were awarded? Like our veterans here, they sometimes put what they want where they want.
    Again, I think it is an awesome bar. It is the weekend now, I am sure you will get more replies later in the week. Many of my friends check the forum at work and not at home.

Comment

Hello,

Can you please post a close up from the Rumanian ( KC with Crown from Michael the BRave )?

This is a quite rare award and a close up can give us more details on originality, etc...

Sincerely Yours,
      my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Stijn,

Here is a detail of the Rumanian Order of Michael the brave with Crown. I couldn't get better and bigger pictures, but I hope that you can tell me something about the authenticity of this medal.

Thank you in advance!

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Oops...

Here's the reverse...

Comment

Oops...

Here's the reverse...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X