Lappland Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lappland Shield

With all the postings about shields lately let me put this one up. Yeah, I know , crudely made and easy to fake. But I was at the Allentown show today, by the way good show ( and company ) especially if you're into firearms.Anyway I picked up Forman's new price guide and he has a pic of one attributed to Dr. Klietmann , I've have the same pic in one of Klietmann's books but can't read German.The shield pictured is identical to the one shown below which I've had since the early 70's. I know there are references in other places to a few different version supposedly made and issued. The only type I've ever seen pics of with documentation, is of the type shown in Niemann's book.
    Any thoughts on this one?

Come on guys even negative comments are welcome

Comment

Paul

I wouldn't even know were to start. Most of seem to sell along with the guy's soldbuch(sp?) where the entry is shown. I think that in itself is where the value is.

I'm sure there are more knowledgeable people out there who would be able to help.

Rich

[ 23 October 2001: Message edited by: Richard Gordon ]
      Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
      Decorations of Germany

Comment

Paul- A friend of mine has an ex-Petersen piece that I think is the example in Detlev's book. I'll get him to e-mail you pictures of it and /size/weight. From what I remember it was darker in color.

Comment

Paul,
          I've got the same shield as you have pictured above. It is done in aluminium (which is very rough on the back)and sewn to the material backing as your's. I also have (from a vet) a ID disc with LAPPLAND 1945 stamped on it. This could have been worn on the uniform in place of the examples seen (as pictured above) pictured in the reference books. But, I've never heard of it mentioned before.
          Cheers.
          James

Comment

Here's one from Detlev a while back. More conventional design.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X