Hallmark help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hallmark help needed

Can anybody please tell me whose hallmark this is?

Thanks, Frank

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0NQAAAIYT3A6fwp*J1WtiTYJIVN11ZECq!rzOcCRJim27tk4Oq hYCoTR3Lsw1!YBmQ1nf731xjohjN23S17!AcQ/minenherst.jpg[/img]
    Cheers, Frank

Hi Frank,

I've only seen this mark a few times before, not on a Minesweper badge though. The badge certainly looks period/authentic but the maker is unknown to me. I'll be interested in the response too!

Regards
    Mike K
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

I have seen this exact same mark on Heer flak badges that have all the characteristics of Hermann Aurich Heer flak badges that are marked in the more typical fashion of this maker. Same details, same hinges, catch, etc. For these reasons, it would logical to presume that this mark belongs to Aurich, but I cant prove it.

I can prove that this is a wartime mark though, as ground dug Heer Flak badges have been turned up bearing this mark.

I have never seen this mark on a minesweeper badge though (or any other badge for that matter). I am curious how the hinge attachment compares to Aurich Coastal Artillery badges.

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

That mark was discussed before on the forum and it was never identified. I agree with Mike that the badge looks good, though. Attached is a scan of an Aurich Coastal Artillery badge...it looks like the same hinge and catch to me.
        Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

Well, Lorenzo's as usual excellent photos certainly indicate strong similarities between the two hinge/pin/catch assemblies in my mind too. Whether Frank's badge has an alternate Aurich mark, or whether there was another strange "die-sharing" arrangement in conjunction with an as yet unknown maker will remain unknown. A connection with Aurich in some way seems highly likely though, especially with Mark's Heer Flak Badge observations. Just my thoughts.

Regards
          Mike K
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thank you for your input gentlemen, highly appreciated. Yes, it is definitely a period badge, no doubts. It really seems very likely that the relation to Aurich is there, hinge/pin/catch are indeed very similar to Lorenzo´s.
            I am happy that this Minesweeper badge with this hallmark seems to be quite rare, it also looks and measures differently from my other L/18-type (B.H. Mayer´s Kunstprägeanstalt, Pforzheim) Minesweeper. The Aurich related one has more height to it, more detail, and feels "rounder" while the L/18 one is quite "flat". I can only provide simple front/back pictures today, sorry about that.

Cheers, Frank

Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X