griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1926 Zugvogle Medal - Is this what I think it is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1926 Zugvogle Medal - Is this what I think it is?

I was hoping that someone with a better grasp of the language might be able to comprehend all of these abbreviations.

So, what is a Zugvogal - is that a Homing Pigeon? Did this guy's pigeon fly 142.7 Kilometers to win 25th place in a pigeon racing contest???????
    Attached Files

So what's with this "Attachments Pending Approval" jazz???????????????

Comment

Hi Don,

I cannot see the picture.

This is a hint on a cycling club (Rad- und Rennsportvereins "Zugvogel Weser"):

http://www.ralfkropp.de/rrvHameln-Pyrmont/Verein.htm

Uwe

Comment

I have tried several times - I can post pictures to the other forums, but not this one. It says "Attachments Pending Approval".

Comment

Zugvogel is a youth-organisation. Similar as YMCA, but not so strong organsationed. They was more walking, singing and Guitar playing. The most members was then after 1933 in HJ and the Zugvogel does not more exist.
          (traveling Bird = Zugvogel)

Regards

Comment

Zugvogal is the German word used to refer to migratory birds. These migratory birds are known to travel a lot of distance. So in every probability it must have won the contest by flying 142.7 km. I don’t think that it is a homing pigeon because pigeons are not migratory birds.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X