DRL sports badge what is it????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRL sports badge what is it????

Hello guys let me tell you i am a newbie so this may be stupid to you guys who know. I want to know why and what the DRL sports badge was awarded for? In alot of pictures i see members of the Heer and other branches wearing it and i want to know how and why it was given. So anyone who can give me a explanation of the award i woulld be very thankfull they seem to be afordable and i was thinking of adding one to my collection but woulld have to know why it was awarded thanks guys and bear with me please while i am learning.

Here is a thread that you may find interesting .

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=DRL+awarded

Comment

Are the excercises refered to in the thread a series of physical standards testing, such as push-ups, chin-ups, running, long jump etc., or more like Olympic style tests such as javelin, discus, archery, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by Splinterb View Post
        Are the excercises refered to in the thread a series of physical standards testing, such as push-ups, chin-ups, running, long jump etc., or more like Olympic style tests such as javelin, discus, archery, etc.?
        It's a combination of both types. From one of my award booklets I have they describe 5 groups of activities and the acceptable times/distances etc. to achieve the award. The person would choose one activity from each group. Group 1 is swimming and life saving Group 2 is high and broad jumping Group 3 is running 100m 400m or 1500m Group 4 is discus, javelin, shotputting, gymnastics, swimming 100m, skating, rowing, weight lifting, gliding, shooting Group 5 is long distance running, swimming, marching with pack, skating, cycling, rowing, horse riding and even cross country motorcycling.

Comment

pictures of the specific pages filled in for each group and the final award given
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X