European militaria fairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

European militaria fairs

Does anyone know of any really big militaria shows in Europe,ones that it would be worth making a journey to?A group of us make a yearly visit to the War and Peace military vehicle show in Beltring,outside London,but this year the general opinion was that the show wasn't as good as past years,ie not enought original items,loads of reproduction pieces,high prices.I know that could be said of nearly every militaria show but if there was an event as large as this on the continent we would probably head for it next year instead.On a final note,is the MAX show as good as I have heard it is?What sort of items can be found there.
    Thanks for any help.
    Derek.

Derek,

I don't know of any european shows personally, but I'm going to the MAX this year so hopefully I be able to let you know what it was like.

Richard
    Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
    Decorations of Germany

Comment

The MILAN, Italy militaria show is a must. There is a wide variety of German WWII material that was left by the nearly half million soldiers when the war ended. They walked home, leaving much behind. You will see 400-500 helmets, more than any US show. I have had great luck in Milan.

Bob Hritz
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Though I don't usually advertise going to the Soviet Union (Russia now I guess), there is a good show in Leningrad put on every year around the end of September of so. Good deals not only on Soviet stuff, but a TON of German stuff too. I guess the scavengers went around grabbing things up in 41, 42, 43, and 44. Great selection of tunics, helmets, rifles, medals etc. some hav eholes in them, DUH! But a good show none the less.

Kevin

P.S. Bob when is the Milan show?

Comment

What's the situation with bringing stuff out of Russia.. do they allow it ok?

I've thought of going there, but thought it might be trouble.

Sam

Comment

Sam:

All Ican say is watch yourself very close. they tend to be somewhat (not exactly friendly) with foriegn type awards. But Soviet awards are pretty much a no-no. Seen a guy who bought a Hero Star, customs just took it and ravaged his stuff looking for more. Then left his bags, clothes, purchases etc laying on the floor and walked off. Definately not a tourist trap.

kevin

Comment

Oh, P.S. If teh airport muggers (cops) don't steal your stuff, you might get whacked by hte mafia. I found out they own the airport!

kevin

Comment

mental note #1346:
                Do not buy awards in Russia.

mental note #1347:
                Do not go to Russia.

Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                Decorations of Germany

Comment

Please visit following sites for militaria fairs: http://www.kremess.de/ http://www.inter-militaria.de/ http://www.militariaboerse-ebernhahn.de/
                  This last one has a calendar with fairs in Belgium and France
                  Denis, Belgium

PS this is the same info I posted in the tread "Militaria Shops"
                  "Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott und sonst nichts auf der Welt " BISMARCK

Comment

Militaria Shows in EUROPE

The largest European MILITARY takes place in CINEY (Belgium).

The largest German Weapons & MILITARY Show in Germany with aalot of internatinal dealers (some of them you can also find on the Max-Show) is held twice a year in KASSEL.

There is a smaller show in REICHERTSHOFEN (Bavaria).

A interesting local German Military Show is organized by a historical society in EBERNHAHN (Westerwald). There you will find no major international dealers, but about 50 small hobby dealers and private collectors with a very interesting range of original German stuff. You should take the opportunity to combine your visit in Ebernhahn with a visit of one of the largest military museums in Europe "WTS KOBLENZ" (Historical defense technology museum of the German army).

Comment

I just moved to Poland. Can anyone tell me where the militaria shows are in this neck of the woods and when?
                      Thanks
                      Scott

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X