PAB opinions Please !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAB opinions Please !!!

Not looking to bid but would like some opinions as to the authenticity of both badges. As you will see the scanned photo's ain't very good. However, I have asked for closeups.

web page

Thanks for your help in advance
    BillGracie

Bill,
    I would have some concerns about both of these. Hard to tell from the photos. I can't see the AS mark that the seller mentions on the plain PAB, but if it's below the hinge an AS mark there usually denotes Adolf Scholze, not Assmann. The Scholze mark is usually intertwined A and S in a triangle with three dots. The treatment on the back of this badge does not match the usual Scholze hinge, pin and catch.

What really jumps out on the numbered PAB is that the seller describes a G.B mark for Gustav Brehmer, but this is a JFS (Josef Feix Sohne) style badge. I don't recall seeing a numbered PAB in this style marked G.B. The Gustav Brehmer ones have a hollowed wreath, thin pin, etc. I wish I had the chance to examine that one, as IMHO from the photos it looks OK for an unmarked JFS-style numbered PAB.

Greg
    sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
    www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Bill,
      Both of these badges are in fact reproductions. The numbered badge looks more like a JFS type than a G.B. one. The standard panzer badge is all wrong! Flat back, wrong pin, hinge, catch, and wrong maker mark. The finish is also wrong for this maker. I do have an original A.D. Schwerdt panzer badge, as well as an original 25 G.B. panzer badge. Please email me, and I can send you pics of both of these.
      Matt

Comment

G'day Matt,
        I have looked at this badge(25) sometimes it looks good, other times it looks just a little suspect. I was leaning more towards them being repos as the pictures ain't very clear and I've emailed for closeups of both badges haven't heard anything.
        I would appreciated both scans if you don't mind email address is stacie@austarnet.com.au

Thanks for your reply

BillGracie

[ 16 January 2002: Message edited by: BillGracie ]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X