Question concerning Oak Leaves/Oak Leaves & Swords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question concerning Oak Leaves/Oak Leaves & Swords

Hi. I was looking at the new Forman's and observed that on page 22 he shows a set of Oak Leaves & Swords made by Paul Meybauer (L/13). I thought (based on Gordon Williamson's Collectors Guide to the Knight's Cross and Previtera's The Iron Time) that all of these awards were made by Godet or Juncker. What is the story with this Meybauer set? Are they fake, or an obscure commercial production run which dodged government oversight? Thanks and best regards,
    Steve Knott

Steve,

Godet was the ONLY firm officially authorised to provide the Ordenskanzlei with regulation award pieces of the Oakleaves and Oakleaves with Swords.
    A number of other firms however DID manufacture these briefly for retail sales (private purchase pieces, museums, shop window displays etc) before retail selling of such high awards was forbidden in mind 1941. Meybauer, Juncker and Steinhauer & Lück are the prinicpal makers of such retail pieces but there could well be one or two others.

Gordon

Comment

Gordon,
      Thank you for your response and for clearing this matter up for me. Best regards,
      Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X