Award Packets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Award Packets

I'm posting these packets for Allan, as he wishes to discuss them.
    Over to you!

Rich

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0NQAAAAUT5fMps4UT*h65IcxJYsK*JFb!2lEqGAGmrrAWL9e0! uGzKGrIja0Lfu6K1V*D3!EQj!b6gSKUNCes7A/pac2.jpg[/img]
    Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
    Decorations of Germany

Thanks Richard,

I would be interested on anyones opinion on the awards packets that Richard has kindly posted for me.

I hope that they are OK but would appreciate if you guys could take a look.

Thanks,

Allan
    Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
    Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Hi Allan,
      what about the spelling of "bronze" on the packet of the PAB? I´ve never seen it written with a "c" instead of a "z".

Bastian

Comment

In spelling (except for the strange "bronce") they look ok and the text on the back is identical to my cellophan LDO packet (wound badge black) text. If these are fakes they were probably done in either Germany or Austria or by someone capable of German grammar. What does make me think this? Note that the back texts on both are identical in content but have a different layout, which means that the amount of words in one line differ. This means that you have to separate some words in between lines, which requires grammar knowledge by someone who´s mothertongue is German or who is very good at German.
        One thing is odd though: The right back text is layouted in a way that in some lines the letters are very dense in others very "spacy", yet the left and right borders of all lines have the same length, which makes some words seem "stretched". In German this is called "Blocksatz". If I am not wrong, this can only be conveniently achieved with a computer text program and not with methods in the 40ies. It "could" be done but I think it would be very inconvenient.

"Bronce" COULD be an older German form for Bronze I have to look this up. But why use it in the 40ies when the common form was already "Bronze"?

To me these are at least very suspicious as I have not seen them before and think the above mentioned points are odd. My theories could be wrong though. What do you think?

Cheers, Frank
        Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hello ,

In my opinion these award packets are not original, is it not weird that these are rubber stamped with the award name + some mispelled name ( as for Bronce ) ? , i have seen several of these packets pop up on a regular base here on the Belgian collector's market .

It is however possible that these where original LDO paper packets but have originaly no kind of award specification ( if we follow this theorie then someone has tried to add a name of a certain award on it to make a better profit.)

I personnaly stay away from these .

Friendly greetings,
          my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Hello,

My guess is that they could be original packets with the award description added later, hence the typo.

Just a thought.

Cheers and Roo
            Kevin

Comment

I believe Detlev uses the spelling Bronce in his discriptions on his web page.

Comment

I agree with Munich on the typography of the smaller backstamp. That type is force justified in a way that you'd only see with amateurs operating a word processor or computer. No typographer of the W.W.II era would ever have produced such abysmal work.

Comment

I can't see the images,they gone.

I'll add that the correct made paperbags using the BNP paper type. With simple words a paper who it isn't "wood free".
                  Can be reproduced easily though.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sorry, the pics have not gone, it's just MSN doesn't seem to like posting pictures here anymore!!!

Rich
                    Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                    Decorations of Germany

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X