GWL Close Combat Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GWL Close Combat Bars

GWL fine zinc CCC with raised GWL mark, integral catch and hinge, non-magnetic swell pin, hinge pin staked with a cross-hatched punch. Back plate sheet steel, unfinished on back and with baked black stove enamel on front, 2 long stakes on each side. Finish silver paint dip.
    Question: Does this fit with known samples?

That sounds about right...! Any pics available? If no one else posts a link to a reference picture, I will do that later today (when I get home from work).
    Here is a poor picture of a silver clasp:

[ 02 January 2002: Message edited by: M. Gidhagen ]
    Mikael G.

Comment

This looks just like the one I am looking at--same silver paint, backplate, etc. Thanks. The one you show is a confirmed original?

Comment

As far as I have understood it, GWL CCCs with the features shown in the picture are considered authentic. However, I have never handled one myself. Below is added a picture of a bronze clasp, which I gather should be attributed to Mr. Mike Tucker (please let me know if I should remove it!), for comparison.
        An interesting detail is the fluted pin to this one. Some time ago there was a thread on lightweight (aluminium-made) GWL clasps, and these were supposedly different in construction regarding the attachment of the backing plate as well as the pin, if memory serves me right. I hope that others will contribute with more inputs regarding the seldom encountered GWL clasps...
        Mikael G.

Comment

Will try to get a photo of mine in. The color of the finish is different. Backplate on mine is shiny baked on black enamel. Mine has tiny cracks (2) where they crimped in the back plate.

Comment

Hi
            I just had the opportunity to observe a golded GWL CCC. it came directly from the family with the document. the badge is in aluminium and very light (I don't know the weight nor the size). it looks like yours except the pin which has a square section.
            jacques

Comment

Below are the links to another zinc GWL clasp, in gold:
              GWL clasp front
              GWL clasp reverse

[ 03 January 2002: Message edited by: M. Gidhagen ]
              Mikael G.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X