ss stick pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss stick pin

Hi Sometime ago at a show i bought a ss danzig honor badge,stickpin.Can someone tell me something about it.I see in manions they ask $300.Anyways it looks good,its only ss peace i bought.
    thanks don
    Yes,I collect wound badges.....And looking for more.
    Resistance is Futile

don, $300 is about as high as i would go, be careful i've seen a lot of fakes, also there is a pic in hayes' book ss uniforms. some time ago kai had one for sale on his site. tony

Comment

Tony thanks.I did not pay any where near $300
      I got it years ago from dealer i know.I will take it to next show and get some other guys to look at it .can any body tell me more about the pin.
      don
      Resistance is Futile

Comment

Beware of these babies - they should be as rare as hen's teeth, but there seems to be a lot of them floating around. They started appearing 2-3 years ago. Most if not all of the ones being offered are fakes.

Comment

They are available in Rex Reddick's catalog update for under $30. I would like to see an original, some day.
          Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Thanks guys,but can some one tell me more about the pin .histoy when it was issued ect ect .for you lookers its in manions sept 20 page261 up top .
            Don
            Resistance is Futile

Comment

Don,
              Can't tell you how many of the "SS Heimwehr Danzig" stickpins were actually made or awarded, (or why) but they are, as others have said, very rare. 99% of those offered on the market are fakes. Almost all of the real ones are serialized (always stamped in) with 3 or 4 digit numbers. Market value for a real one today is about $700-750. There's a picture of a real on on Andre Hueskens site, "www.huesken.com". Helmut Weitze also had a real one in his shop recently and might still have it. Either of those gentlemen would likely be able to tell you how many were made and why they were awarded. The biggest difference that I've noticed in the fakes and the real ones is the crispness of the Iron Crosses and the SS Runes. They are very clearly defined on the real pins and have rounded edges on the fakes. The lettering on the reverse side of the poor fakes is pretty bad too. According to Detlev, these came in pin back form also, but I've never seen one up close.
              Lyn

Comment

LYN thanks ,i dont think the one i got is real.to bad,i had it along time,i will check out the site.its good to get some info on it
                don
                Resistance is Futile

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X