odd ww1 EK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

odd ww1 EK1

Hellol guys I have come across this.I posted it on the EK section .It was suggested that I post it here as it could be a 57 version .
    I am totally lost so all help would be great many thanks pete
    Attached Files

Not a 57 variant. It‘s simply a postwar made S&L imperial cross. The pin & hardware used on the cross, gives it away as a later piece.
    Still looking nice though

Regards,
    Alex

Comment

Alex is quite correct!!
      Only decorations that had their Swastika's omitted from the new design of 1957 should be called "57ers", and as Imperial pieces had no such forbidden symbols, they are better called veterans replacement pieces, or post WW2 variants.
      It is a nice S&L EK1 and Spange combo, probably dating from the early 1970's, when the majority of these combo's seem to have been made!!
      -Nigel

PS...Forgot to mention, the Spange can be called a 57er when a "stand alone" piece!!
      Last edited by Nigel N; 10-13-2019, 11:52 AM.
      sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

That’s why I suggested posting the Cross here. I thought it might have been postwar S&L, but I don’t know enough about them. Nice find.
        Iron fist is calling it a 57er as I referred to the attached spange in that way (which it is), I just wasn’t sure about the cross. Certainly one I’d own.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X