Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1936 Olympics Service Awards - Deutsche Olympia Ehrenzeichen

Hello,
    I was able to complete a side part of my 57er collection - the 1936 Olympics Service Awards - Deutsche Olympia Ehrenzeichen (I mainly collect the military awards):

- 1st Class
    - 2nd Class
    - German Olympic Commemorative Service Medal

All 3 are very early pieces and should be made by Steinhauer und Lück. I hope you like them.

Did you ever see examples from annother manufacturer?

Besides the removal of eagle and swastika there are additional differences between the original version of 1936 and the 1957 version:

1936:
    - 1st class, upper golden beam = 10-lines, all other beams = 7-lines
    - 2nd class, upper golden beam = 8-lines, all other beams = 6-lines

1957:
    - 1st class, upper golden beam = 10-lines, all other beams = 7-lines -> identical to version of 1936
    - 2nd class, upper golden beam = 10-lines, all other beams = 7-lines -> different to version of 1936, but identical to 1st class of 1936 and 1957

best regards
    Pattex
    Attached Files

Very Nice Pattex!!!
    Three nice, early pieces...making a great collection!!!
    The first and second class are both quite hard to find!!!!
    The 1st class neck order changed over time.....
    The earlier version (like yours) has the Olympic rings overlapping in a different way to the later types!!
    Later versions also appeared with the rings glued on, rather than riveted.
    S&L also made a later still "collectors" type, which had the Olympic rings coloured instead of white!!
    I can't remember seeing an original case for the neck order, but wouldn't be surprised if there was one, possibly yet another variant of the case for the Red Cross Decoration??
    The later "glued" type came in a two piece card case (shown below)
    !BzMutHw!2k~$(KGrHqV,!jEEw5mP+TBOBMU++Mijww~~_12.jpg

!BzMuvDQBGk~$(KGrHqF,!ikEw5b4kd5PBMU++(R-zw~~_12.jpg

I haven't seen any of the Olympic decorations that looked different enough, either in terns of design or finish that appeared to be by another maker???
    It is possible that Deumer made them, they would be even rarer than the S&L, if they exist!!
    Great to see these, thanks for showing!!!!
    -Nigel
    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Very nice Pattex. How long did it take you to get all 3?

I just received my neck order and haven't had time to show and that took a very long time to get.

Congrats on the set and thanks for showing.

Regards,
      Rudy

Comment

Great pieces; congratulations on completing the set and thanks for presenting them!

Comment

Hello,
          thanks for the additional informations !

@xmember: I'm honest - I got them all at once .

best regards
          Pattex

Comment

These are some of my favourite post-war awards. Here is my 1st Class.

Kind regards,
            Pierce
            Attached Files

Comment

All are super!!!

Congrats, and always nice to see a complete set or any medal.

Best,

Jeff

Comment

The three decorations as illustrated in the book "Orden und Ehrenzeichen der Bundesrepublik Deutschland" by Hans-Ulrich Krantz (1st Edition) 1958.......
                028 (2).jpg

029 (2).jpg

030 (2).jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post
                  The three decorations as illustrated in the book "Orden und Ehrenzeichen der Bundesrepublik Deutschland" by Hans-Ulrich Krantz (1st Edition) 1958.......
                  [ATTACH]4455067[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4455068[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4455069[/ATTACH]
                  Hi Nigel,

For some reason when you post images they do not show on my computer, just a file name. All of the other images on this thread display with no issues. I have seen this occur within multiple threads. Any idea why?

Best,

Jeff

Comment

Thank you Nigel, but I never saw the awards with this number of lines in the beams in reality, so it seems to me, that they are only "design examples".

best regards
                    Pattex

Comment

@Jeff...sorry no idea my friend? Have you tried using a different browser??

@Pattex.....Yes, some of the illustrations in the book are actual photograph's, some are what we might call "artists impressions"....I don't know if you have the Geeb/Kirchner book, also of 1958?? The 3 pieces are also illustrated in there, but without looking, I can't remember if they are photo's or drawings??
                      -Nigel

Comment

@Jeff...sorry no idea my friend? Have you tried using a different browser??

@Pattex.....Yes, some of the illustrations in the book are actual photograph's, some are what we might call "artists impressions"....I don't know if you have the Geeb/Kirchner book, also of 1958?? The 3 pieces are also illustrated in there, but without looking, I can't remember if they are photo's or drawings??
                        -Nigel
                        Hello Nigel,
                        I would say, that in this book are photograph‘s. They all have the correct number of lines in the beams and looks very „real“.

best regards
                        Pattex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X