Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone get this group?

This group sold yesterday......
    A nice, honest group of early S&L's and mini medal bar!!
    The ribbonbar obviously belonged to another vet, but still a good lot of pieces, un-attributed as far as I know
    s-l1600 (173).jpg

s-l1600 (178).jpg

s-l1600 (177).jpg

s-l1600 (176).jpg

s-l1600 (175).jpg
    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Yep, I bought this one ... put in a significant lower offer which got accepted !!! Should have it in the mail next week.

Also hoping the EK2 ribbon turns out to be a KC ribbon ... seeing the width, could be possible.

Mathijs

Comment

When I first looked at the EK I thought it was a Knights Cross because of the ribbon width. I think you are correct, a possible RK ribbon. Tom

Comment

Nice general assault badge!

Kind regards Chay

Comment

Great group Mathijs!!
          I noticed the guy was open to offers..even the buy it now price wasn't bad!!!
          Can't say as i'm seeing an RK ribbon though??? Anyway you'll find out when you get it!!
          Great buy!!!!!!
          -Nigel

Comment

Got the group in today .... indeed, its an EK2 ribbon, not RK ribbon ... would have been icing on the cake.

Comment

No worries Mathijs.... Still a great group!!!
              Feel free to post some pics when you get a chance!!!
              -Nigel

Comment

Here are better snapshots of this group .... really fortunate I saw it quite quickly and the vendor was open to offers !!!

First up, a ribbon bar which probably doesn't belong to the group - the red plastic is all broken up ( as you can see on the first picture )
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Matthieu; 09-20-2019, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Two unknown stick pins ... was unable to find anything on them - help appreciated .
                  Attached Files

Comment

And this lovely mini medal bar ... great presentation in little case ( unsure if case is original / period though ).

Thanks,

Mathijs
                    Attached Files

Comment

Great group Mathijs!!!
                      As you said, the ribbonbar is from a different vet, but is a nice piece in its own right!!!
                      The EK2 is a nice and quite early one, with an attractive worn look, was the ribbon an early one to match the EK?
                      The badges are great early examples too, and the whole group is brought together by the lovely mini medal bar!!!!
                      The only "VDH" I know of is the German Kennel club...so I doubt its that
                      Someone will know!!!!!!
                      Glad you snapped them up......good call!!!!!
                      -Nigel

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post
                        Great group Mathijs!!!
                        The EK2 is a nice and quite early one, with an attractive worn look, was the ribbon an early one to match the EK?
                        Nigel
                        Believe its possible wartime, but can't be sure without UV test ... good length on it ( 29 cm ).

Hope some-one can tie the stick pins to a veteran association ... looks like some barb-wire to be seen, so maybe a POW connection.

Mathijs

Comment

You could maybe try a burn test Mathijs.....
                          If there are some loose threads at the ends of the ribbon that could be cut off, burn them.....if they are wartime, they usually burn to ash, if postwar, they are more likely to shrivel and melt, like nylon or plastic!
                          -Nigel

Comment

I like the looks of that worn WB.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X