KC 57 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KC 57 issue

Hi all realy no nothing about these , dose this look like a standard issue. also what would be a fair price any help would be welcome, best to all martin.
    Attached Files

Try posting it in the 1957 Medals, Orders and Decorations area of the forum.

Comment

Hi Martin!
      Your RK is a very late S&L piece, with the core painted after assembly, and the sandblasted finish to the frame!
      Having said that, for a late example, it looks quite nice, are the frames soldered together neatly with no gaps??
      The OLS though are just repro, not S&L made, and not a match to the RK unfortunately.
      Ribbon appears to be original to the cross!!
      I never know what is a fair price for these later RK's, there are some of the guys here who have them, and will be able to give you a clue on price!!
      -Nigel
      sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

for just the cross & ribbon IMO about $300.00 US Dollars. The Oaks & Swords "Might" be a late issue but I can't tell. Tom

Comment

Is this one that is being sold by Elite Militaria in Australia ??? Looks like their photography. Tom

Comment

It is as Nigel states a late "D" frame RK from St u L, probably late 1980's to mid 1990's, as the finish looks uniform and with a fairly neat paint job, however the O/S again as Nigel states do not match IMO..... As Tom states around $300 for a cased example, although loose examples can be found for around $200.....occasionally bargains can be found on E-Bay and some not upto speed dealer sites !
            This example does look like one offered by Elite........and therefore, probably quite expensive, have you seen thier PLM price
            Prost ! Steve.

Comment

Elite wouldn't sell fake OLS. My whole set from them with good OLS, ribbon and case was $350 so I wouldn't pay too much just for the cross and ribbon.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 5 View Post
                It is as Nigel states a late "D" frame RK from St u L, probably late 1980's to mid 1990's, as the finish looks uniform and with a fairly neat paint job, however the O/S again as Nigel states do not match IMO..... As Tom states around $300 for a cased example, although loose examples can be found for around $200.....occasionally bargains can be found on E-Bay and some not upto speed dealer sites !
                This example does look like one offered by Elite........and therefore, probably quite expensive, have you seen thier PLM price
                Prost ! Steve.
                YES...they are WAY over priced on ALL their 57 items !!!!!!

Comment

The RK does look exactly like one of the late S&L's that Elite Militaria sold (or still sell) but I guess it can quite easily have come from another source, or even direct from S&L!!
                  As Tony said, I've not seen any fake Oaks on their site, late ones, but genuine ones! The OLS shown here have the swords finished on both sides, so are not genuine S&L made pieces, and to the best of my knowledge, no OLS by any of the recognised 57 period makers have that feature either?
                  -Nigel
                  sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Thanks to all,
                    For the information it,s not on the Elite, site but from your kind help as always its a bit over priced at around $470 . it is cased i may go in with a lower offer? thanks again martin .

Comment

Originally posted by martin hall View Post
                      Thanks to all,
                      For the information it,s not on the Elite, site but from your kind help as always its a bit over priced at around $470 . it is cased i may go in with a lower offer? thanks again martin .
                      I would not pay that much for a "D"- frame, with patience you can find a cheaper one.

Here is a more reasonable priced example. It's not cased, but you can always find one later on.

Regards,
                      Nick

Comment

Indeed, at those prices you can buy yourself an early one, not this tacky late piece.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X