Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally .... Deschler DKiG !!!

Hi chaps,

The mail-man has been kind to me these last few days .
    After a long search ( some of you know how I do like these DK's ) I could add this rare Deschler DKiG to my collection .

Those who already own such a specimen told me I would be pleased when opening the box.
    Well guys, pleased surely is an understatement ... ecstatic is a much better word .

Damn, mint condition on DK and etui .... stunning detail and finish .... wonderful piece.

Well, enough said, here come the pictures ....

Oh, still missing the variant with the rectangular plate beneath the hinge .

Grtz
    Mathijs
    Attached Files

More shots .... sorry, but its a rainy day outside, not the best light right now.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hardware ...
      Attached Files

Comment

Catch ....
        Attached Files

Comment

Solid rivet .... also the DK has a lovely convex shape, difficult to photograph but neatly done .

Thanks for looking,
          Mathijs
          Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful piece Mathijs!! I know a few of the guys already have this style of Deschler, but i'd forgotten that you had'nt
            Its always a great feeling when you find a variant that you've been hunting for, and this one was worth the wait!!
            Super looking DK, as all the Deschlers i've seen have been, i dont know how many are known in collections? I guess its quite a small number!!!
            Congrats Mathijs!!!!!!!!
            -Nigelsign0087.gif
            sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

A big, fat CONGRATS to you Mathijs!!!

I know you've been after this slippery bugger for quite a while now and here it finally is! I'm very happy for you my friend!

It's got all the quality I would expect to see from such a piece.

You know cases far better than I, does the case have wartime leftover parts? Anything to differentiate this case from others you own, possibly making this one unique to Deschler? In all honesty, I'm not completely convinced Deschler is the maker of the cross, but for now, we'll go with that.

Again, superb addition old friend! You're in good company with only a few Deschler owners out there.
              Last edited by Mike Yokum; 04-04-2012, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Ha ha, did we promised you too much ?

These Deschlers can´t be beaten by S&L or another DK that we know. These are the best you can find and add to your collection......but why it took so long

Wonderful piece, buddy. Exact the quality we are used to see on these ones.

I am really happy that you could add that beauty to your collection. With that one you filled a big gap (in rarity) in your great collection.

Well done, my friend

Comment

Wonderful looking piece Mathijs.

Congratulation!

Comment

Congrat's and as Rudiger said, these are the tops when it comes to DK's! Now if I can only find a silver version of it... Has anyone ever seen one? I haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by George L View Post
                      Now if I can only find a silver version of it... Has anyone ever seen one? I haven't.
                      Me
                      They still exist and i have seen these in two versions....4 rivets and 6 rivets.
                      It was only 2 pieces i saw in all the years and i couldn´t grab them or link a buddy to these. Too fast sold

Comment

Very nice DKig

I am probably the only person who don't think it is a Deschler, but we will maybe find out in the future.

The tools marks on the catch remind me on a PAB75 I posted recently.
                        I will post the picture.
                        I checked all my DK's from this maker and none of mine has these toolmarks on the catch.

Originally posted by George L View Post
                        Now if I can only find a silver version of it... Has anyone ever seen one? I haven't.
                        I have only seen one, I will show you.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I am probably the only person who don't think it is a Deschler, but we will maybe find out in the future.
                          Nope
                          You know my opinion and that i am still not convinced about Deschler as maker. MY vote goes to Deumer.....but i can´t proof that

BTW.....very nice DKiS, Luud.....could be one for your friday update

Comment

Mathijs

It's a beauty!!

Best regards
                            Pierce

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLuudje View Post
                              Very nice DKig

In my comments above, I say I'm "not convinced."
                              The quality is not consitant with other Deschler 57er pieces, so for me, the jury is still out...

Originally posted by LuckyLuudje View Post
                              I have only seen one, I will show you.
                              Sweet sassafrassy!!!
                              Nice one Luud!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X