Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BW FJ Wehrpas

Hello my friends!

I've only got seller pics at the moment, but I'm excited to share this acquisition!

It's a BW FJ Wehrpas with early entries. It details some of his accomplishments in the war. He was awarded the FJ qualification badge, LW Erdkampf, EKII and EKI! It looks like he retired as a Hauptfeldwebel or Sergeant Major. In the US Army that is the highest NCO rank other than Command Sergeant Major and Sergeant Major of the Army. It even has his picture inside!

It's making it's way from Germany now. I'll share more info when it arrives! As you can imagine, I'm VERY EXCITED!!!

Rudiger or any German speakers/readers that want to give some insight as to the information in the Wehrpas would VERY APPRECIATED!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mbizy; 12-15-2009, 01:47 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

That's it for now. Can you see why I'm so excited???
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Mike!!!!
                    Yes, we can see why you are so excited!!!
                    If there ever was an item with your name on it.....this is the one!!!!!!
                    It looks like the guy had a lengthy career, was well decorated, and served with some famous units!!!!
                    This will look great with the rest of your FJ collection!!
                    I'm really pleased for you Mike, a great catch!!!banana.gif -Nigel
                    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Absolutely great and very early BW-Wehrpass. This one fits perfect to your collection
                      To the entries ...what do you exactly want to know
                      Which sites or entries are hard to understand for you ? Tell me and i try my best to translate - could be my translation is harder to understand than the german entries

BTW what a brave man, served from 1937-1945 in the Wehrmacht, survived the whole 6 years and 10 years later, from 1955 - 1971 he served in the Bundeswehr.

LGAB in the 2. FJ Division - Bernhard Ramcke (RK with oaks,swords and diamonds)
                      EK II in the Festung Brest and 2 days later the EK I

Wow, if this man could tell us his life.....look at his birthday -> 24.12. 1918, next week he would get 91 years old.

P.S. I´m very busy the next 2 days, but will try to respond a.s.a.p , try to get a few minutes for you
                      Last edited by Seewolf; 12-15-2009, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Hello

That looks like exactly right sort of item for you Mike, a cracking wehrpas and to a decorated WW2 FJ Just the sort of Christmas present to give to yourself

Nice find.

Regards
                        David

Comment

That's GOOD info already Rudiger! He was an early FJ then starting in '37! Very exciting! Your English is VERY GOOD my friend and is appreciated!

Note he also served under RKT and EL Erich Pietzonka commander of 7th Paratoop Regiment in Fortress Brest!

He was/is a very brave man as you state. He saw some "hot-spots!" I now from the grouping that sold that he was also in Afrika. Unfortunately this was the only piece of his group I could afford.

What is handwritten under "Nachtrage?"

Thanks for the kind words guys! This is turning into a very Merry Christmas!!!

Comment

What is handwritten under "Nachtrage?"
                            "Has participated the common safety briefing on 30.05.1958"

Comment

Originally posted by Seewolf View Post
                              "Has participated the common safety briefing on 30.05.1958"
                              Thanks Rudiger!

I posted some pics of the mans other items in this THREAD.
                              Last edited by mbizy; 12-15-2009, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X