BW FJ Wehrpas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today was a good day for me!

The Wehrpas arrived!!! Now my man has a name! The front of the WP has "Justus Grebe" written at the top. Inside the name appears to have dots above letters in his name. Maybe you can help me clarify exactly what his first name is Rudiger? I think it is indeed Justus, but just want confrmation.

Very appropriately this WP arrived on 24/12/09, 91 years to the day from Herr Grebe's date of birth! Maybe a coincidence, but amazing to me!

Here are a couple of scans. I hope you enjoy this great piece!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mbizy; 12-24-2009, 04:49 PM.

Comment

more...
      Attached Files

Comment

last for now...
        Attached Files

Comment

I'll also post these here although it's a wartime tag and a wartime Willrich card wartime signed by RKT Walter Koch. It's not related to Herr Grebe, but I know my friends here will be happy for me for these FJ additions.

Special thanks to my good Belgian friend for helping with the money transfer! I salute you Mathijs!!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Koch...
            Attached Files

Comment

All fantastic pieces Mike And for an FJ collector like you, a dream come true i should think!!
              Glad to see they all arrived safely, and just in time for Christmas too!!
              Your collection just gets better...they've certainly gone to right guy!!
              Enjoy........party0036.gif
              sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Great pieces, Mike. Quite the addition to your focused FJ collection .

Comment

Very interesting Wehrpass, I like it

Comment

Thanks Nigel, Mathijs & Luud! I knew my friends here would share my joy! You guys are the best!

I can't resist sharing one more scan, this one of his WWII awards.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Are you pushing to the limit when you start to collect wartime pieces with 57 on them?
                      All jokes aside nice additions, Mike. Well done.

Best wishes

stijn

Comment

What a christmas arriving

His name is really Justus Grebe. The dots above the "u" ist old writing art.
                        Now an early Bunderwehr FJ tunic is missing When will we see one ?

Comment

Originally posted by Seewolf View Post
                          What a christmas arriving

His name is really Justus Grebe. The dots above the "u" ist old writing art.
                          Now an early Bunderwehr FJ tunic is missing When will we see one ?
                          Thanks for clarifying the name for me Rudiger! I appreciate it! I have a lot to learn!

As far a tunic goes, It's possible I will be taking a little break from adding pieces in the next few months. One less fisherman in the little pond.

Comment

Hello,

it's really a very nice item. I lost it on ebay, where you bought it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!

regards
                            Carlos
                            (Galubaia)

Comment

Thanks Carlos! While I hate to hear you were a competing bidder and lost it, I'm equally glad to have won it! It's quickly become a prized part of my collection!

Best of luck on the next one!

Comment

Hey gents,

Check HERE for Justus Grebe's wartime Soldbuch! It's out of my price range or it would be in hands right now! Now you guys know what to get me for Christmas!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X