Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost or deleted topics?

Hello,
    on tuesday I posted a new topic about an uboat clasp and for example I got an answer from byton.

Here is the original link:

https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/node/11776777

The topic doesn't longer exists.

What is the reason for that?

best regards
    Pattex

I certainly have'nt deleted any threads!!
    I believe there was also a thread asking about a Reiter stickpin, which has also vanished!!
    I have asked in the admin section, and will let you know what, if anything is said!!
    If it is a technical glitch, you may have to re-post the thread!!
    -Nigel
    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Thank you Nigel, you are right, I also gave an answer in the topic about the reiter badge and the topic is also gone.

Comment

In another forum a moderator said: The server was updated with a new and hopefully much faster one. In the process some posts and threads were lost.

Michael

Comment

Tom Durante has just confirmed that we did move to a new server, and that a few hours data was lost!
          It is for the greater good, and i guess is a small price to buy if it results in a better forum for all of us!!
          So...sorry to anyone who has lost a thread, i hope you will post them again!!
          Thanks
          -Nigel

Comment

one of my posts was also lost. Pity that after so many people leaving this forum admins still continue to destroying it. New updates could be announced at least. This is like medieval age change management.

Comment

Originally posted by Yubari View Post
              one of my posts was also lost. Pity that after so many people leaving this forum admins still continue to destroying it. New updates could be announced at least. This is like medieval age change management.
              I think that is unfair..... no-one is trying to destroy anything.....quite the opposite, there is a lot going on behind the scenes to try and make this the best possible experience for everyone who uses it!!!
              -Nigel

Comment

Originally posted by Yubari View Post
                We did announce this server change last week, in the Collector Community forum were we have been discussing the server upgrades and tweaks in an ongoing thread since June. This latest server change was an effort to fix the slow loading issues everyone was having. Frankly the site was pretty unuseable last week so it was our priority to move the site to a faster server as fast as possible. We knew we would lose a few hours of data, but because the site was so unuseable before I thought everyone would appreciate the move and understand the absolute need to move, regardless of the loss of a few threads. In the future we will make an announcement on the entire forum a few days before a big move, but we are now over the hump as the new server is proving to be excellent and very fast.

Tom
                If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post

I think that is unfair..... no-one is trying to destroy anything.....quite the opposite, there is a lot going on behind the scenes to try and make this the best possible experience for everyone who uses it!!!
                  -Nigel
                  Thanks Nigel. Following along in the Collector Community forum is a good way to stay up to date with the latest efforts on improving the site and you can be sure that I and the rest of the mods and admins are working hard every day to make these improvements.

https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...0#post11778948

Lets also not forget that the old WAF died suddenly at the end of June, so we had no choice but to jump to this new site and server before it was fully tested and ready. We have come a long way and we have lots of things in the works for the future.

And also great news is that we have had a record number of Association Members renewing these last few days, it was like hitting a light switch, really great to see!

Tom
                  If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                  [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                  Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X