16 Award Ribbon Bar..Honor roll, DKiG, TDB, cuffs, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 Award Ribbon Bar..Honor roll, DKiG, TDB, cuffs, etc

16 award ribbon bar with Fed Germany Merit order, Army Honor Roll, DKiG, EK's, Tank Destruction, Krim, Kreta, Afrika and service awards....white tag is just my ref number...

16 award ribbon bar.JPG
    16 award ribbon bar rr.JPG

Very nice ribbon bar, however it does not quite make sense to me. This individual was issued he Infantry assault badge in silver as well as the general assault badge in silver? Normally they would be issued just one or the other. Typically soldiers who were issued the general assault badge were issued this badge because they were not a part of a specific infantry unit and did not qualify for the infantry assault badge. Also if would be unlikely that this individual was awarded the Ostfront medal if he had the Krete & Afrika cufftitles as they were all three issued for specific periods of service time in each individual theatre. The Afrika cufftitle was awarded for service in the Afrika Korps between 1941-1943 whereas the ostfront medal was issued for service during the Russian winter within the period from 15 November 1941 to 15 April 1942. Also the Krim shield was awarded to individuals who fought against Russian forces between 21 September 1941 and 4 July 1942 and who captured the Crimea region.

I do not think this individual could possibly have fought in all the theatres at the same time! Although a very nice ribbon bar which I like, I believe it to be perhaps a bit of a fantasy piece.

Just my humble opinion.....

Marcus

Comment

Thanks Marcus, as noted, not probable, embellished, but a very nice bar....

Comment

Yes indeed a very nice bar!

Marcus

Comment

I dont think it is impossible for one guy to have served in these 3 different war zones in the times he would have needed to, to win the above decorations???
          May 41 for the Kreta, then Russian front over the winter of 41/42, and then North Africa after that........ Unusual...maybe...impossible....maybe not???
          Can't see any problem with IAB and GAB, seen that several times before!!
          You never know with bars, but i would'nt rule it out!!!!!
          -Nigel
          sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Hello,
            a nice ribbon bar with some "anomalies".

The first award of the "Ehrenkreuz der Bundeswehr" was on 6th of november 1980.

best regards
            Pattex

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post
              I dont think it is impossible for one guy to have served in these 3 different war zones in the times he would have needed to, to win the above decorations???
              May 41 for the Kreta, then Russian front over the winter of 41/42, and then North Africa after that........ Unusual...maybe...impossible....maybe not???
              Can't see any problem with IAB and GAB, seen that several times before!!
              You never know with bars, but i would'nt rule it out!!!!!
              -Nigel
              Indeed, I have an image of a Fallschirmjäger wearing the Afrika & Kreta cufftitle and an Ostmedaille ribbon bar. Unfortunately for some unknown reason I can no longer upload photos, is there a problem with the forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-B View Post

Indeed, I have an image of a Fallschirmjäger wearing the Afrika & Kreta cufftitle and an Ostmedaille ribbon bar. Unfortunately for some unknown reason I can no longer upload photos, is there a problem with the forum?
                I agree 100 percent that fallschirmjager would have Afrika and Kreta cufftitles as I have seen this many times before as well. However for an infantry soldier to have these awards would be much more unlikely, not impossible, but highly unlikely. Also this individual does not appear to be fallschirmjager as there is no badge to that effect. All in all, a very nice ribbon bar. It would be nice if it could be attributed to a specific individual for certainty. There must not have been that many individuals in the bundesheer with this many awards on their chest, so it may be possible to track this one down.

Marcus.

Comment

Why I love this hobby...no end to the mysteries and possibilities of what went on in our past history....

Comment

Here's the photo of the Fallschirmjäger I mentioned...

image.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by Pink View Post
                      Why I love this hobby...no end to the mysteries and possibilities of what went on in our past history....
                      Yes Indeed!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X