Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

interesting multi piece stickpin....Johanniter Order...thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting multi piece stickpin....Johanniter Order...thoughts...

Appears to be a Johanniter order, RK with Oaks and Swords, then the RK with Oaks, and the RK and a silver IAB....sadly the pin has been snapped with only an inch left....have seen some other award bars that contain multiples of the same award, but not the RK's....guess it did happen, although not regulation...?? IMG_1411.JPG

Regulation wasn't of much concern to vets when the 57ers came out...we've seen all kinds of non-reg setups. Examples with all three wound badges, all 3 driver's badges, etc, etc.

Seems to me this man just wanted to wear the awards he was most proud of. The IAB makes me smile. It's rare you see one of these 'top awards only' pins with a war badge, but when you do, they overwhelmingly seem to contain the IAB. Sometimes pilots or panzers, but most often the IAB...I have several such myself. I own one to an RK recipient who opted to omit his EKs much as yours...just his RK, DKIG, and...you guessed it...IAB. No matter the army, the country, or the conflict...infantrymen are immensely proud of having the heaviest and worst burden in war. We're kindred spirits that way. Something needs to keep us from spiraling into insanity, I suppose

This might be one of my favorite pins in that collection now that I notice this...undoubtedly a chest full of high medals...but his IAB was cherished above most, if not all, others

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X