Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unusual case for Knight's Cross

Hello,
    I couldn't resist to buy this very unusual case for the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross.

From my perspective It's different to all cases we usually know. Also different to the cases that we know from Souval,

What do you think or do you know a second example of this case version?

Let pictures talk...

best regards
    Pattex
    Attached Files

It measures 9 x 12 x 2,3 cm.

Here a picture in comparison to a "normal" case.

best regards
    Pattex
    Attached Files

Comment

I do believe this is a Souval style case, I have seen them before with Souval crosses inside.

Comment

Originally posted by pattex View Post
        Hello,
        I couldn't resist to buy this very unusual case for the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross.

From my perspective It's different to all cases we usually know. Also different to the cases that we know from Souval,

What do you think or do you know a second example of this case version?

Let pictures talk...

best regards
        Pattex

Why do you think this case is different compared to all other cases that you know form Souval ?

It‘s a typical case made by the Texler company and supplied to Souval. Of course they were made in various sizes.

Regards,

Alex

Comment

Hello,
          all cases that I know in connection to Souval are bigger and they all have another inlet.

But I'm willing to learn - can you please show me an identical case with same measures and inlet?

best regards
          Pattex

Comment

Hello,
            all cases that I know in connection to Souval are bigger and they all have another inlet.

But I'm willing to learn - can you please show me an identical case with same measures and inlet?

best regards
            Pattex
            After taking a closer look at the tray of your case, I have noticed that it’s indeed different - not in a good way though. The tray of your case looks like it was heavily reworked. First off, the entire tray sits much too high inside the case.

Also, take a look at the circled area. The way the fabric fits the case is very poor and not the way a case maker like Texler would have made it.

Take a look at the case of the attached Souval DRK Star and notice how the tray is supposed to fit in the case. You‘ll notice that there is no crease or loose fabric on the tray.

It looks like the previous owner of your case made a RK fit in a very poor way.

That‘s most likely also the reason why it‘s smaller than the other Texler made Souval RK cases - it never was supposed to hold a RK in the first place.

Regards,

Alex
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Alex W. View Post

That‘s most likely also the reason why it‘s smaller than the other Texler made Souval RK cases - it never was supposed to hold a RK in the first place.
              I don't think so, but every opinion is valuable.

best regards
              Pattex

Comment

I don't think so, but every opinion is valuable.

best regards
                Pattex
                You are mixing up fact vs. opinion. The difference between my opinion and your opinion is that I‘m able to backup everything I wrote above with facts. I have a whole group of Texler made cases in my collection, which give me good idea of how these pieces were meant to look. All of them are made exactly the same way. None of them suffer from any of the quality flaws as seen on your case. So, while ignorance may be a bliss, it‘s not smart to ignore facts from people more experienced about a subject - but hey, each to their own.

What facts can you offer to backup your opinion ?

Regards,

Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X