S&L imperial Black Wound Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&L imperial Black Wound Badge

Here is a rather unobtrusive imperial replacement black wound badge. Never the less it’s actually quite a rare catch. This black imperial wound badge in cut-out form was made by S&L, as part of their postwar imperial replacement badges.

While postwar imperial wound badges by S&L in general are not a common find, this badge in cut-out form, is one of only a few that I have come across.

The hardware used on this badge reveals it as a product of the early postwar production period.

It goes to show, that it doesn‘t always have to be a spectacular RK or similar in order to be a nice and rare piece. Sometimes it‘s the unobtrusive badges that can be really fascinating as well.

Regards,

Alex
    Last edited by Alex W.; 07-04-2020, 11:09 AM.

Thank you for sharing! I would have dismissed this hinge/pin assembly altogether. Did S&L use it on any other designs?

An attractive badge for sure!

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Robert J.D. View Post
      Thank you for sharing! I would have dismissed this hinge/pin assembly altogether. Did S&L use it on any other designs?

An attractive badge for sure!

Robert
      Thank you for your comment. As for this hardware used by S&L... they did use this combination on a number of their postwar badges.

Comment

Great piece Alex...i have'nt seen one in cut out style for a long time!!!!
        Its true what you say.....it does'nt have to be a top end decoration to be interesting, rare, or collectable!!!
        Great find!!!!!!!
        -Nigel
        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

This is awesome Alex...first one I have ever seen....and so true about rare doesnt have to be top drawer items....

Comment

Thats a nice cut out black wb Alex . Cliff

Comment

Thanks guys. Appreciate the nice comments. I‘m glad to see, that we all can appreciate a rather simple badge as well.

Comment

Was this hardware unique to a time period, was it used all through the post war era?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X