Postwar Souval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postwar Souval

Hi guys. Is this also the manufacturer Souval? There is information in which years these signs were made?

Attached Files

Hi,

The Luft 100 appears more like S&L, but I’m not sure that it’s authentic. The hardware is a little different than what I’m used to seeing.

The Army 200 doesn’t appear to be Souval or S&L, but rather from an unknown maker/forger altogether.

The manufacturing dates of postwar S&L and Souval badges can be approximated by the hardware and rivets used in their construction. There are some great pinned threads above that review much of this information.

Regards,

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Robert J.D. View Post
      Hi,

The Luft 100 appears more like S&L, but I’m not sure that it’s authentic. The hardware is a little different than what I’m used to seeing.

The Army 200 doesn’t appear to be Souval or S&L, but rather from an unknown maker/forger altogether.

The manufacturing dates of postwar S&L and Souval badges can be approximated by the hardware and rivets used in their construction. There are some great pinned threads above that review much of this information.

Regards,

Robert
      HI Robert!
      I compared with this (The Army 200)
      https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...42#post7584242
      On my By the way, the manufacturer’s brand is L\58
      Regards
      Vladimir

Comment

The one on the left is Souval. But isn't he right?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Robert J.D. View Post

It still seems to me that Suval had 2 types of fittings. I did not find information on Souval, so I created a topic
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Zheleznyi View Post
            The one on the left is Souval. But isn't he right?
            The one on the right is not Souval, but appears to be S&L-like. It may be a copy of one, IMO, given what I’ve seen. I defer to those that have more experience.

Yes, postwar Souval does use the two hardware types your referencing. I’m more familiar with the C-plate variety. Your Army 200 looks like the original hardware was removed and the Souval-like hardware applied beneath it, then given the L58 stamp. Maybe it’s repaired or okay altogether? I hope some of our more experienced post war collectors can add some definitive information for you.

Robert
            Last edited by Robert J.D.; 07-01-2020, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Both are perfectly fine Souval made badges. The hardware used on the right badge is not an issue at all. The S&L pin was very commonly used in Souvals production. The clasp was usually found on smaller badges, like political or HJ-badges - never the less it’s without a doubt a Souval made badge.
              regards,
              Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex W. View Post
                Both are perfectly fine Souval made badges. The hardware used on the right badge is not an issue at all. The S&L pin was very commonly used in Souvals production. The clasp was usually found on smaller badges, like political or HJ-badges - never the less it’s without a doubt a Souval made badge.
                regards,
                Alex
                Thank you for the knowledge!

Robert

Comment

regards,
                  Alex
                  Thank you guys!
                  Alex There is information in which years these signs were made?
                  1945-1960 or 1960-2000?

Comment

Originally posted by Zheleznyi View Post

Thank you guys!
                    Alex There is information in which years these signs were made?
                    1945-1960 or 1960-2000?
                    Timeline wise, both badges are a product of the 1960’s.

Comment

Timeline wise, both badges are a product of the 1960’s.
                      Thank you Alex!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X