PLM, real or fake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLM, real or fake

Hey guys, this one comes from eBay and the seller says it was purchased in Germany in a military antique store. I’m not an expert with these whatsoever so I asked him a few questions, he said he wanted one and purchased one in Rothenburg in 97, and he said that he isn’t an expert either but believes it’s a veterans copy. I (as well as he) wants to know if it is a real 57er. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Cant seem to enlarge the pics to see details, and maybe on a more neutral background would help...

Comment

Alright I’ll tell him to take some better pics. He should get back to me in at most 12 hours.

Comment

More photos would be useful, from there, it looks to have the wing flaw, style of lettering looks correct etc What does look strange, is ti the letters appear to stand proud of the enamel???
        Nigel
        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

I did see that, however, I think that mostly has to do with the picture quality, as it is very low, he got back to me and he said he could get me some pictures today

Comment

There is something not right with the enamel on this plm. Cliff

Comment

Ok. My phone has been really acting up and my screenshots aren’t saving so I’ll have to upload the link. This page has the items description as well.

https://www.itapestry.com/the-blue-max/

Comment

I pass on it the letters are sticking above the enamel and the enamel is not right. I have seen reproductions that look far better than the one you show.There are far better original examples out there . Cliff

Comment

In my opinion this is not a real S&L made PLM.
                  regards,
                  Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X