Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just couldn‘t resist....

8E6347D3-D65A-4783-9B3E-4A06075E62C1.jpeg

.... even though it’s already my 15th PLM... it was just too nice to pass it on ????

best regards,
    Alex

Well Alex, i think if you like something, and can afford it...why not!!
    And lets be honest, whats not to like about an S&L PLM!!!!!!
    Interesting modification to the ribbon, and always great to have an original case!!!!
    -Nigel????
    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post
      Well Alex, i think if you like something, and can afford it...why not!!
      And lets be honest, whats not to like about an S&L PLM!!!!!!
      Interesting modification to the ribbon, and always great to have an original case!!!!
      -Nigel????
      Yes Nigel, that’s also the way I see it. Although they are not all St&L made - they also include a very early interwar period Rothe and a Souval variant. Maybe I‘ll do a group picture some time. :-)

For me collecting the PLM is pretty much the same as with RK‘s.. every PLM I come across seems to have a „personality“ of it‘s own. This is what makes collecting them interesting to me. One is in mint condition, one is a super early interwar period piece, one is attached to S&L oaks, one is a thin variant, one is the thick variant, another one is a worn piece with a lot of character, a few are modified for wear with different styles of ribbon .... I think you get the picture. :-)

Comment

Alex, that is so cool...you have me by a full dozen...lol...also love the beauty of these....have a thin, a thick variety and one with gold oaks, proper 3 stripe ribbon and in an issue case....as Nigel says, like the variant with the ribbon....very nice addition....as you, am always looking but with time changes from Europe to North America, they are usually gone by the time I see them....almost....well done..!!

Comment

Lovely PLM ... still missing in my collection.

Comment

Ok Alex, now you are just getting greedy!!! lol. Very nice PLM indeed!

Marcus

Originally posted by Alex W. View Post

.... even though it’s already my 15th PLM... it was just too nice to pass it on ????

best regards,
            Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Pink View Post
              Alex, that is so cool...you have me by a full dozen...lol...also love the beauty of these....have a thin, a thick variety and one with gold oaks, proper 3 stripe ribbon and in an issue case....as Nigel says, like the variant with the ribbon....very nice addition....as you, am always looking but with time changes from Europe to North America, they are usually gone by the time I see them....almost....well done..!!
              I see that you understand the way how these beauties should be collected :-) ..the larger number the better ... haha

I just realized I still need one with the 3 stripe ribbon and oaks. All my oak sets did come with regular PLM ribbon. You are right, the correct timing does really play a huge role when finding these. Still, I‘m sure you‘ll be able to add a few more though - keep collection them :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
                Lovely PLM ... still missing in my collection.
                Mathijs, your missing out on a fantastic S&L produced beauty. Time to add one to your collection as well. How come you haven‘t added one already ?

Comment

Originally posted by mevm36 View Post
                  Ok Alex, now you are just getting greedy!!! lol. Very nice PLM indeed!

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Thanks :-) . I guess I really should do a group picture of the entire PLM bunch...

Comment

I see that you understand the way how these beauties should be collected :-) ..the larger number the better ... haha

I just realized I still need one with the 3 stripe ribbon and oaks. All my oak sets did come with regular PLM ribbon. You are right, the correct timing does really play a huge role when finding these. Still, I‘m sure you‘ll be able to add a few more though - keep collection them :-)
                    Here are my girls...2 in nice (?) repro cases and oakleaves in proper case....it also came with an 800 hm'd long loop....

Comment

best regards,
                      Alex
                      Very nice!

Comment

Mathijs, your missing out on a fantastic S&L produced beauty. Time to add one to your collection as well. How come you haven‘t added one already ?
                        Can’t seem to locate one. And when I do, they fetch prices I’m unwilling to pay.

But for a nice and complete set with a fair price ... hell yeah

Comment

Very glad I have just the one early one. They are one of the best designed awards there is. Elegant, simple, beautiful.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X