Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cased early Deumer ROAG

Hi,

Added this beautiful cases ROAG to my collection some weeks back. I'm not a particular Luftwaffe collector, but could not resist this beauty.

From my research this is an early ROAG by Deumer, but I want to learn some more.

1. The eagle, is it wartime made?

2. The case, is that period with the ROAG or a later production?

Thanks
    /Jonas
    Attached Files

Hello Jonas!!
    First, let me say....what a beautiful badge...Deumer at its best!!!!
    I compared the 57 Deumer eagle with Deumer wartime version a couple of years ago, and from memory, they weren't the same???
    I am not sure if Deumer used more than one type of eagle throught the war years, so it might be worth having a look yourself at a few wartime examples!!
    The case is a later addition, 57ers don't normally come in this type of case, I guess this is a repro of the wartime type, but the badge and stickpin look great in there, and it makes for a super set!!!!
    -Nigel
    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Hard to say from such angled pictures but this 57 Deumer ROAG seems to use the same eagle as its TR period equivalent including the MM (judging from the attached picture 1). Deumer also sold Juncker parts ROAGs but marked as Deumer like they did for J2 parts POs, Pilots & Observers. The interesting point here IMO is why did Deumer use other makers parts/badges (Juncker) during the war when their dies survived & were still good enough to produce such nice badges after the war ?

No idea about the case (other maker, post war repro ?) but its not the "pebbled texture" associated to Deumer war time pieces (Pict 2 shows early Pilot case but texture is typical for Deumer war time cases)

Regards

JC
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the help here, really appreciate it

/Jonas

Comment

with and without

Here are mine for comparison
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X