Oaks for reveiw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oaks for reveiw

Hi I have this set of oaks for review. They are marked 800 . Thank you in advance Cliff
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cobra-2001; 05-26-2020, 10:52 AM.

Didn't I read somewhere these deep dish type of OLS are called the "British version" as they were sold by a dealer in the UK ?

Comment

Oaks

Hi Matthieu the thread i read it showed the one that are casted have defects that show . I will post a picture of the marks that only come with a stamped piece. Cliff
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cobra-2001; 05-26-2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

There is a type, with larger flat edged flanges around the edges of the reverse......that where "said" to be British made, but if we are talking about the same pieces they were in "925" silver, and despite rumours, were S&L's as far as I know?
        If the ones you are referring to are cast, then they are something else!!
        The OLS in this thread look like good S&L's to me, seem to have the angled striations on the reverse of the swords that we see on somewhat later pieces, the swords certainly look to be separate pieces soldered to the Oaks.....the edges of the leaves not being fully cutout also points to a little later..... the flaws look to be there, and I don't see signs of casting???
        -Nigel
        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Hi Nigel thank you for your reply. I was pretty sure these were S&L made and not a copy. I did test the and they are real silver . Cliff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X