Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ehrenblattspange, real or fake?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-POST...N/114144455541

This person has a few more for sale, so I was wondering if at least 1 was real

Despite the low starting price, all three that i saw are good!
    The army and Luft versions are the earliest, with four prongs , the navy a little later with two, but all nice examples
    Nigel
    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

The Navy clasp is described as solid ? Were any of the post war versions produced in solid form by a manufacturer other than S&L ?

Comment

Wow, I might try to pick 1 up as they seem to be pretty rare. How much do you guys think they will go for?

Comment

hmmmm, I think the Luftwaffe clasp is a good one but I don't trust the navy or army clasps as both are described as solid. Also the army clasp has two prongs as well. ( the picture of the reverse is in fact the same pic as that of the legit four prong Luftwaffe clasp ) Might be best to wait for more opinions on the army and navy.

Comment

I was planning on trying for the Luftwaffe, as I think it looks the most appealing

Comment

It would be interesting to see the backs of the ones described as solid.

Wayne

Comment

I didn't read the description, so if he says they are solid, then that is not right, not for S&L, but from the obverse they look like they are S&L unless they are a casting, but they don't appear to be...more/better photo's will determine!!
                They are no problems with a 2 prong clasp, they switched to that style, and they can still be of a s good quality as the earlier 4 prong type!!
                If you only want one, then go for the Luft...you might get a bargain!!!
                Good luck
                -Nigel

Comment

He is also selling a German Cross in gold with the stickpin, do you think that is legitimate?

Comment

The German cross looks like a cast fake from an S&L, as does his High Seas Fleet badge.....if they are anything to go by, the two "solid" Honor Roll Clasps, are more than likely also cast from S&L originals....
                    Just leaving the Luft clasp as an original amongst castings
                    -Nigel

Comment

Comparing the sellers KM clasp to an early S&L original....
                      It has slightly softer details, less cutouts around the anchor points, and a couple of rougher looking edges....but if it is a casting, its not too bad looking from the obverse, some of the above mentioned features are often present on later S&L's, and indeed, I have seen many later made examples that look a lot worse than this!!
                      Without mention of the "solid" reverse, I would have thought this was a good, albeit later piece??
                      I would love to see the "solid" reverse!!!!

s-l1600 (239).jpg

medals (2).jpg

Comment

It’s funny how that one is at the highest price.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X