Need help with M1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with M1

The liner and shell were bought together and I added the Mitchell cover and elastic band later to complete the piece.

My question is, does this suspension system match the liner, and how likely was it that this liner was in Vietnam?

Also, this elastic band doesn’t have the 2 “cats eyes”. Does that mean it’s not original? Thanks IMG_8534.jpgIMG_8533.jpgIMG_8532.jpgIMG_8531.jpgIMG_8530.jpgIMG_8527.jpg

Hi. The sweatband is dated '79 so that's post war. The rest of the liner is dated '73 so theoretically it could but unlikely it was actually in Vietnam. The elastic bands of that period did not have cats eyes. Regards, Ron.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron P View Post
      Hi. The sweatband is dated '79 so that's post war. The rest of the liner is dated '73 so theoretically it could but unlikely it was actually in Vietnam. The elastic bands of that period did not have cats eyes. Regards, Ron.

Thanks for the quick response Ron.

The sweat band looks to be rotated (leather not facing completely forward). I haven’t tried removing it. Is this thing riveted in or does it snap off to remove?

Comment

Originally posted by Blondbeast666 View Post
        Thanks for the quick response Ron.

The sweat band looks to be rotated (leather not facing completely forward). I haven’t tried removing it. Is this thing riveted in or does it snap off to remove?

Hi. It unclips, it is removable. Regards, Ron.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X