Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LF&C 1918 Knife

Hi Team,
    I'd like to share an item that is part of a larger grouping to a New Zealand soldier who fought in the Solomon Islands. This came directly from the soldier's son.
    The metal scabbard is inside the leather sheath - it would appear the two scabbard prongs have been removed.
    Regards,
    Mark
    NZ
    Attached Files

Nice one Mark .

Comment

[QUOTE=NZMark;8613605]Hi Team,
      I'd like to share an item that is part of a larger grouping to a New Zealand soldier who fought in the Solomon Islands. This came directly from the soldier's son.
      The metal scabbard is inside the leather sheath - it would appear the two scabbard prongs have been removed.
      Regards,
      Mark
      NZ[/QUOTE

Hi Mark
      I have a NZ 3rd Div AuLion 1918 Knuckle knife very similar to yours with exception to the scabbard which is the original steel sheath covered with canvas and a modified belt loop from a P37 bayonet frog as opposed to your leather version. They certainly shear similarities with the metal work to the scabbard though and I wouldn’t be surprised if the owners of these beauties probably knew each other.
      Very cool!
      Cheers
      Mike
      Attached Files

Comment

Both beautiful and both are original! I love them!

Comment

Echoing Tom... both are excellent examples. The L.F.&C. Mk1, in many configurations, saw a great deal of action in WWII, and the AU LION both World Wars.

Chuck

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X