Army Staff Identification Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Staff Identification Badge

Here is a Meyer's Army Staff Identification Badge that I found at the Great Western Show in Fort Worth, Texas this weekend. I believe this badge is an early Army General Staff Identification Badge maybe post WWII or Korean War era. I base this soley on the design of the fastening posts and the style of the clutch backs. Can some please confirm or deny?

History of the Badge:
    The Army Staff Identification Badge is awarded to those personnel who serve for one year as a member of the U.S. Army General Staff. The badge is authorized for officers and enlisted personnel (Sergeant Major ) and is a permanent decoration for wear subsequent to service with the General Staff.
    General Douglas MacArthur first proposed an Army General Staff Badge in 1931, but it was not until 1933 that the United States War Department authorized the decoration. The badge has remained unchanged in appearance since it was first created, however the name of the decoration was changed in 1982 from the Army General Staff Identification Badge to the Army Staff Identification Badge.

Best,
    John
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John F.; 05-02-2005, 08:11 AM.

Here is angle shot of the back showing the fasteners and post
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John F.; 05-02-2005, 08:10 AM.

Comment

The maker mark and post
      Attached Files

Comment

John-

Yes, does appear to be an older one. Based on the hallmark, I would estimate mid 1950's to early 1960's.
        Kurt

Comment

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the quick response .

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X