VN River Patrol Force patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VN River Patrol Force patch

This patch is really outside my collecting area (WWI), so I appeal to the more knowledgeable forum members...is this a decent patch? Which is to say, a legit theatre-made piece, and if so, of any value? Thanks, Jeffrey
    Attached Files

Jeffrey: Your patch may, or may not, be theatre made. Can you show a backside shot? Also, TF 116, "The Gamewardens" have the oldest operating USN Vets group (RVN vets, that is) today, so there is a chance this is a reunion piece rather than a period piece. However, I really can't be sure at this point. FYI, the website is here: http://www.tf116.org/

Best Regards,
    Jason

Comment

Jason,

Thanks for the link. Great site. Here is a picture of the back of the patch. The shape of the patch is uneven, not a perfect circle, and roughly 2.25 inches in diameter.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Jeffrey Magut; 04-30-2005, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Sorry, this is not a wartime piece. The edge treatment, backing, and generally low quality of workmanship are all inconsistent with original Vietnamese-made pieces. It's probably one of the recent crop of Asian-made repros.

Comment

Thanks for giving it the once over. My investment in the patch was 50 cents, so I'm not heartbroken. Now it will be a "representative piece" for my kid's jean jacket.

This forum rules for identification and evaluation of questioned pieces.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X