Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian and American medals

Hello all!
    would anyone out there know the value(here in Britain where things seem to cost a lot more!)of a cased Australian Defence Force Service Medal with miniature,and also of an American Air Force Distinguished Service Medal,also cased,with ribbon bar and lapel/tie pin? By the way, the Aussie one is named,the American is un-named.
    Hope someone can help,
    Kind Regards,
    yorkie

anyone?????

Comment

The Air Force DSM is, in my view, about a $45 set, unless attributed, since they are currently available for sale at various shows. I think that I have seen them offered as high as $75 or so, though I don't know if they sell at that price. The value could be affected by its age, too (a current example, which is what I assume you are referring to, versus an older example of the first production period, which would command something more, I think).

Comment

Thanks Bill

I've been offered the DSM for £70,and the Australian one for £95.More expensive than on your side of the pond,but then again isn't everything in the field of militaria more expensive over here?!
        Kind Regards,
        yorkie

Comment

That's too much for the Air Force DSM. Here's a current cased one from eBay for $19.95:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=721803352

An older one just ended on eBay for about $40.00:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=720941123

Even with cross-pond shipping, it'd still be a lot cheaper than what you are being offered.

Dave

Comment

Aussie Gongs

Aussie medals are very thin on the ground in the UK. I think that anything under a 'ton' is a bargain. Go for it!

Comment

Yorkie
              I take it the cased Australian Defence Force Service Medal is current issue. If that is so I haven't seen too many come up and the literature I have indicates in 2000 prices were between 75-100 quid (without mention of case) and for a miniature 10-12.
              Hope that helps

Scott

Comment

A member of this forum!

Also Known As (aka) oak-leaf

Bill is the seller of this US award. He has been dealing in medals for many decades. His primary focus is in high end (rare) US awards. Send him a PM if you want something like this. He will shoot straight and find what US item (within reason) you are searching for. Bill (oak-leaf) knows the US medal arena and he is aware of the fakes. He is the man to go to for US medals.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X