One of my Favorite Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my Favorite Uniforms

One of a kind 1st Special Service Force Jacket. Vet still alive. Have complete military history.

[img=http://img204.echo.cx/img204/9448/1st38ib.jpg]

What regiment is the vet from. I am seeking to contact vets with a good memory who can tell me about southern France, particularly guys from 2nd regiment, 4th, 5th, and 6th companies.

JL

Comment

Can we see a close up of the patch. Thanks

Comment

Nice looking jacket, I have seen a few other FSSF jackets that had the Ranger scroll above the Spearhead patch. Some of the Rangers who served as replacements to the FSSF were prouder of their Ranger heritage, so they wore the Ranger scroll. If you don't mind what is the name of this veteran?

Comment

Hi

I will try and post a close up of patches for you. As for name, I will have to check with him before giving that out.
          I will check to see what Reg.ect he was in this evening.

Thanks for looking
          Odell
          Originally posted by teltec01
          Nice looking jacket, I have seen a few other FSSF jackets that had the Ranger scroll above the Spearhead patch. Some of the Rangers who served as replacements to the FSSF were prouder of their Ranger heritage, so they wore the Ranger scroll. If you don't mind what is the name of this veteran?

Comment

Close up of patch

Originally posted by odiestreasures
            Hi

I will try and post a close up of patches for you. As for name, I will have to check with him before giving that out.
            I will check to see what Reg.ect he was in this evening.

Thanks for looking

Here are the close up photos of the patch that you requested.
            Odell

Comment

Thanks. Is it a little strange that the FSSF patch is on the left shoulder and the 474th is on the right. Shouldn't it be the other way around if both patches are worn?

Thanks

EQ

Comment

Eric

Its just the way I got it from the vet. So I guess it is what it is. Thanks for interest.

Odell

Comment

Hi Odiestreasures

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, however the spearhead patch on this tunic is a post war repro. If you check on e-bay from time to time you will see this patch. I wonder if the vet may have put this together after the war? possibly explaining the mix up in left and right patches? I have several photo's of 474 guys at reunions in the 50's and 60's wearing uniforms. I would not say this if I was not 100% certain. Look at the lettering and compare it to known originals. The bad quality of the embroidery and the general shape of the patch.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X