Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GLM
    Hi Steve -

Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your honest explanation of why you paid what was probably an all time record for a standard, run of the mill WWI named and numbered Purple Heart.

Were you able to keep PFC. Gaule's medal group together? If so, I commend you for paying what must have been a tough call on your part to keep the group together. I've heard and read some real horror stories about medal groups being broken up on eBay for monetary gain and you certaintly proved there are some good guys out there that do the right thing "at all costs!"

Regards, Gary
    Gary, thanks for the friendly words, I tried very hard to keep them all together. I did but I literally paid the price. regards Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen E Maged
      I collect Maryland WW1, with specific emphasis on the 79 division, however I strayed since this was the 115 Infantry, which was part of the 29th division.
      Hi Stephen

I have a 115th Infantry WWI Purple Heart to a vet named Charles Stauffer ( not a relative of mine though! ). He was from Baltimore MD . Did a number of Maryland boys end up in the 115th as replacements ?

I have a few Ebay " trying keep it all together " horror stories of my own!

Kurt

Comment

Hey Steve, glad to see you joined. I must publicly apologize. I was pretty harsh on the price of that PH not only here but on another forum as well. After Steve explained the method to the madness it made perfect sense to me. I can not be a hypocrite, I have many times went hog wild on Ebay just to get an item I didn’t want to loose. Please post your grouping for us to enjoy.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ
          ...I must publicly apologize. I was pretty harsh on the price of that PH not only here but on another forum as well. After Steve explained the method to the madness it made perfect sense to me. I can not be a hypocrite, I have many times went hog wild on Ebay just to get an item I didn’t want to loose. Please post your grouping for us to enjoy....

Nick
          Very classy .

Comment

Purple Heart Group

Thanks for the true understanding of a collector. I will post the pictures in the near future. thanks Steve

Comment

Response

Originally posted by kastauffer
              Hi Stephen

I have a 115th Infantry WWI Purple Heart to a vet named Charles Stauffer ( not a relative of mine though! ). He was from Baltimore MD . Did a number of Maryland boys end up in the 115th as replacements ?

I have a few Ebay " trying keep it all together " horror stories of my own!

Kurt
              Charles Alfred Stauffer was in the 5th Maryland Infantry which became 115 infantry, He was in fact wounded severely 10/16/18. I have a short history of his ww1 participation. He indeed was from Baltimore city and was a member originally of the national guard. Steve

Comment

Great medals and history congratulations

I thought that the 5th Maryland turned into the 175th Infantry and that the 1st Maryland became the 115th?

Comment

Originally posted by pfrost
                  Very classy .
                  Thanks, I tell you what I just did a few weeks ago on Ebay. I was putting a display together for a vet from the 92nd FA. I found a field made DI on Ebay and didn’t want to snipe it so I bid $200. It is only worth $20 or $30 but I didn’t care, I wanted it. Fortunately I did get it for $29. I could have been nailed on that one. I think we all done that at least once.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen E Maged
                    Charles Alfred Stauffer was in the 5th Maryland Infantry which became 115 infantry, He was in fact wounded severely 10/16/18. I have a short history of his ww1 participation. He indeed was from Baltimore city and was a member originally of the national guard. Steve
                    Steve

Thanks for the info! I bought this from a seller in PA , not far from the border with MD. Looking forward to seeing your group posted!

Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by tainanag
                      Great medals and history congratulations

I thought that the 5th Maryland turned into the 175th Infantry and that the 1st Maryland became the 115th?
                      the 1,4 and 5 regiment became the 115 in the first war.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X