• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vietnam era M1 helemt w/stenciled EGA

Hey guys, I picked up with a bunch of other items
    A Vietnam era M1 helmet with cover and it has a stenciled
    EGA on the front. The EGA is not as detailed as the WW2 type but,
    viewing it its definitely stenciled and maybe painted on ?

Has anyone else seen this ? I can provide photos to anyone
    interested. Its a nicely worn lid and shows lots of use.

thanks

I would love to see pics......mike

Comment

Yes, I've seen a stenciled liner before. I picked one up for a few bucks years ago at an antique store. WWII liner in relic condition. I wouldn't have even bought it for the few dollars I spent had it not been for the EGA stencil. If I recall (it is packed away now) it has the same stencil as the cap. Maybe an individual embellishment. I dont believe I've ever seen a period photo of whether WWII, Korea or Vietnam.

Comment

My apologies, you stated "cover" and my mind decided on " liner". Is your cover a Mitchell pattern or WWII frogskin cover? Frogskin covers from late 50s early 60s had EGA stenciled direct to the cover. I also have Vietnam footage of a Marine with EGA stenciled to a diamond and stitched to the cover (Frogskin). Dont recall at the moment of EGA on Mitchell pattern. Post photos if you can please.

Comment

Sorry for the delay as I had checked a few times and saw no response.
          Its a complete un-touched Vietnam era M1 The camo cover looks like all the others Ive seen of the period.
          The stencil isn't as detailed as a factory applied EGA on the late ww2 covers .

I have photos of the helmet just PM me and I will get you my email and send the photos. the helmet shows lots of use.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X